Sign in to follow this  
JonRD463

Inside Passage Alaska -- opinions?

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone had Inside Passage and related sceneries, found here: http://www.xplanefreeware.net/tom/InsidePassage/Home.html and what your opinions on it were. I've found a rekindled interest in bush flying in X-Plane's awesomely rendered mountainous regions, and this series of sceneries looks like it'll fit the bill nicely. I'm particularly interested in how it looks in X-Plane 10. The author has stated that the sceneries will work in it, but there are a few quirks that he's slowly working through to bring it up to speed. Things like mis-placed seaplane bases, and lighting.

But what I'm interested in is the general consensus. How does it perform, does it enhance your flying of the area, etc.

Thanks!

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Im going to buy this later today. So if no one else chimes in, Ill let you know by tomorrow how it is.

Rob

Some of them are showing their age a little now, but the coverage easily makes up for being shy of cutting edge.

Would recommend the purchase do long as you manage expectation. Orbx it is not, but good value it is.

I agree with Kesomir. I strongly endorse Howdy's initial and primary two ((FF) Final Frontier (Alaska) and (IP) Inside Passage (western CAD)), as well as Canadian Rockies (CR). I'm not a fan of the stand alone single locations (Boeing Field/Renton).

FF, IP & CR are hands down among the best scenery add ons for x-plane. out of sheer value, area coverage, and just enjoyment overall. exploring and finding places, nooks and little off track places. Howdy loves what he does and it does show.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like it's just what I'm looking for. Rob, you've really done a great job showing XPX's beauty in the screenshots forum. Can't wait to see what you do with the addon scenery. :) I do have the Boeing Country package, and there are parts I love and parts that... eh, well, not so much. I work across the street from Boeing field, and it was spooky exploring the area around the airport with the free camera. Felt like I was at work. The thing I didn't like so much was the lack of alpha blending from the photo scenery to the default textures. Gives the areas around each airport a sort of "placemat" feel, though to be fair, this is pretty common among other scenery addons for FSX and X-Plane alike.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.