I want to disable the trees on Bill Melichar's NTAA scenery as they often cause my simulator trouble. How do I do this? I do not see any obvious way of doing this. There aren't any bgl files labeled as trees and I do not know how or if it's even possible to edit the bgl to remove the trees.

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png

I don't really remember well, but I think that Bill's scenery was all for FS 9? If so, then you can decompile the bgl(s), find the entries for trees - there might be a lot of them - remove the entries from the file, and re-compile into bgl.

This might be tedious, but then it was probably tedious for Bill also when he put the trees in the scenery. :Peace:

There are various tools in the Avsim library for decompiling files, it is not difficult to do and the whole process is pretty straightforward. You can try: BGLAnalyze; BGL2XML; and perhaps Jon Masterson also had some tools for decompiling these files.

Best regards.

Luis

Tried doing that using BGLXML and NewBGLAnalyzer but they all come back with errors that the BGL files are of an older type. I assume because Bill's scenery were all originally FS2002 and converted to 2004.

Any other idea's?

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png