Sign in to follow this  
dbp222

P46T is a 'widow maker'

That'll let me go about 20 over for about 15 seconds... then it folds up like cheap beach chair

Ha! Yeah, in the end, I find myself having the "Crash Tolerance" slider pushed completely ( or just one notch off), of full "Left", as the RA docs say that you should be able to see 240kts IAS before "severe" buffeting of the airframe is "noticeable". Now even in this configuration, I have never been even close to that, but at 20kts over, you should be able to count on much more than 15 seconds of leeway before tearing yourself apart. If tolerances were that fine in real life, it would be in the news every other day I fear...

Chris B.

"Flapsdown"

True Flaps... just a quick scan of youtube shows allot of Meridian pilots right on, or even a hair past redline on the IAS.

Hi CoolIP,

Do you mean to throttle back a bit? I normally do this but its hard to find the perfect balance where it neither slows down nor speeds up. This is when I ultimately get into trouble. The plane slooooowly speeds up and I am busy doing other things and do not notice the speed increase until its too late. Oh well, Bert's solution has helped alot.

Thanks for the interest,

Tom

Hi dbp222,

I've just beginning in this forum and this is my first post.

When I saw “widow maker”, I thought you were talking about an F-104G :-).

Turbine Duke is an outstanding add-on, not a widow maker and it flies like an angel!

It is very easy to avoid the problem you have with speed control, if you learn a few (easy) things.

Your last post about this subject was on 06 May 2012.

I’d like to know if you could solve the problem.

If you didn’t, I think I can help you.

Don’t give up flying such a machine!

Best regards

fatbird

In support of shutting off the aircraft stress, take a look at the thread I created on the J41 overspeed clacker.

http://forum.avsim.n...rspeed-clacker/

Fact is, you don't see Malibu's falling out of the sky so overspeeding is not a huge problem in the real world (though, a high performance aircraft with little currency often leads to that...think Mooney, Bonanza). Still, an overspeed indicator that doesn't give you time to react is just useless (sort of a "Hey, guess what, you're about to die."). I'd turn it off and see if your reactions are realistic and timely and do more research on the aircraft to find out what real world pilots experience. I've been looking at the Carenado Malibu (is that what you have?) myself for some time and I'd love to see what you find out.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

"Hey, guess what, you're about to die.")

How funny would that be to have "Bitc#'n Betty" announce that as the overspeed warning!!! hilarious!

"Heeeyyy.. Guess.. wh-t... YOUR.. aboUTT.. to Dieee"