Sign in to follow this  
MikeP

TrackIR Questions

Hey!

I've read that there are a lot of people using the TrackIR with the PMDG 737NGX so I thought I'd post here, see if you can shed some light! I just bought TrackIR5 w/ TrackClip Pro, I've also got the vector clip. I'm having some issues with zoom and other view points, I'm using the "Seth - Flight" profile but when I try to zoom in, it's like I'm kissing the monitor and still no where near the instruments in the virtual cockpit, I zoom in that far that the tracker no longer see's the Pro clip and dead sets until I move back into view...

Does anyone have a good profile for FSX/737NGX or some suggestions on how to improve my experience with the "Seth - Flight" profile?

Thanks!

Hey!

I've read that there are a lot of people using the TrackIR with the PMDG 737NGX so I thought I'd post here, see if you can shed some light! I just bought TrackIR5 w/ TrackClip Pro, I've also got the vector clip. I'm having some issues with zoom and other view points, I'm using the "Seth - Flight" profile but when I try to zoom in, it's like I'm kissing the monitor and still no where near the instruments in the virtual cockpit, I zoom in that far that the tracker no longer see's the Pro clip and dead sets until I move back into view...

Does anyone have a good profile for FSX/737NGX or some suggestions on how to improve my experience with the "Seth - Flight" profile?

Thanks!

I just use the globe target where ever I sit and hit target on it, it then places you exactly where you are sitting in relation to the monitor.

I'm using the default profile with no issues. Have you tried putting yourself further back in the seat and resetting the TrackIR view? That usually works.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've just reinstalled the software and set it to the default one. Looks good but still seems like I'll need to use EZCA (EzDok) to move around the camera's like for overhead and such, feels a bit awkward looking at the overhead and straining my eyes looking down and left to the screen lol...

It is a little awkward at first but I too have been playing with this the last few days to get it right and now I have I can never go back. It is true what I have heard people say about TrackIR. It really draws you into the sim and when you get the hang of it you dont even think about it.

I found a good profile that I am using but am not at my FS rig at the moment. I will have a look tomorrow and see what it is and where I got it from. Failing that if you are still having trouble I will be more than happy to provide you with it and you can see how you get on with it. I found the seth one and another one I tried not quite right for me.

There is one issue with this bit of kit though. My Mrs keeps laughing at me when I have the headset and track clip on. I suppose with that stuff on and me turning my head like a pleb makes me look like a member of the Borg having a fit after a phaser strike.

Still I can ignore her laughter by turning the volume up.

Regards.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I was a bit reluctant to by TrackIR because it was a pretty penny for just moving my head around. I took the plunge and I'm still getting used to it.

The only advice I can give (which I am following myself) is to make sure you hit F12 often when things look a bit off. Also using the internet recommneded "Seth" flight profile.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Don't forget about the recenter view button... it's imperative. I forgot what default is - it will tell you in TrackIR software.

Over time the view will get screwed up so you'll have to recenter it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You can also adjust the speed curves for different movements. I have the vertical movement turned down pretty low & rotation turned pretty high. That makes the overhead & radios a lot easier to get to.

Have you tried putting yourself further back in the seat and resetting the TrackIR view?

That works, but there is a limit on how far you can go back before you can't press any buttons on the MCP.

Track IR takes time to get used to i use Seth's Profile and Adjust my distance in EZCA the Angle of Attack uses 65 zoom which is just about right to get

the distance to 32-35 inches from the Monitor. Don't give up it's one of the better Profiles around. I'm using track clip it seems to work better.

I bought one used it twice and looked like a martian with headphones and flashy bits. I have a projector screen so it was a drama and now have a second screen for the instruments ,perfect.

So if anyone wants a twice used tracker for half price plus INT. postage pm me

ZORAN

After a few issues with Track IR and NGX, when looking around the view point would stick resulting in pauses and jerky movement, I discovered the Light Filter Theshold in the camera tab - I have set it to 63 and I now have the full range of view.

My normal process is to launch Track IR, sit where I would sit with Yoke/pedals/ center of the screen lined up and press F12 to reset the view - I do this before every FSX sesson....

I started using it seven days ago, and I'm hooked. It takes getting used to, but it was worth the price!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)