Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Two questions

Hi, I have not flown Flight for a while - but I started it up again tonight and took the RV for a spin..

Two things:

- Has anyone figured out how to get toe-brakes assigned? I can never remember what keyboard keys to push

when my toe brakes have no effect..

- I got a message saying that Flight or Live was going to be updated - fine, I followed the prompts, but after shutting

down Flight and entering the Update Wizard, I got the following message.. is there a support forum somewhere where

I can get help with this? Or does anyone recognize what might be causing this?

Edit: I've sent a note to "Tell MSFlight"..

Bert

Hi Bert,

Try running SFC /scannow in an elevated command window and see if you have any broken DLL files..Also, what MS updates have you performed lately?

Have you also run a disk scan? Your error is idicative of some file corruption or a missing file..

For Flight support, I think they (MSGS) want you to use the Steam Flight forum, but I've not been there or used it so cannot comment. I know some ppl here have got Flight support, but seemingly after a little hassle as to where to actually get it...

Hope you fix it! I just re-installed on my new rig after a month or so layoff, and it took me at least an hour to get it working (and only after reading some pertinent posts on this forum, so THANKS AVSIM!!)

best

jake

EDIT: Also, Bert; try uninstalling and re-installing the dedicated GFWL client (not Flight itself)

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

- Has anyone figured out how to get toe-brakes assigned? I can never remember what keyboard keys to push

when my toe brakes have no effect..

Toe brakes on pedals still aren't supported. Every rudder pedal owner is waiting for it... :wink:

MS responded to my question and also suggested the scan which I have now run, but without fixing the problem.

I'm going to try re-installing the GFWL client next..

Bert