Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Colour Me Ticked

There I was, doing a clandestine cargo run, only 10-15 nm out from the destination, when my computer decided it was time to stop working. What's more, I haven't been able to get it to go since!

If I have to replace it, can I then just redownload the main executable and get access to the other DLC I've already purchased? I hope I don't have to pay again.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Hello Andy.

I'm sorry to hear about your PC malfunction.

Yes you can redownload the main Flight program and all your DLC, those are tied to your gamertag and in fact you can install Flight plus all its DLC on as many PC's as you want. You don't have to pay again.

Tip: Install Flight and all its DLC from the GFWL Marketplace client, not from within Flight as people have reported trouble using the in-Flight install.

Can you access your old hard drive? If so, then save a copy of all your career files, then after you reinstall Flight on the new rig and do the first two mandatory missions you can copy paste your saved career files over the new ones. That will set your challanges, missions and other things back to whatever you had before the PC crash.

(There are 20 career files, located at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Flight\Players\<Numbers Folder>\Career)