Sign in to follow this  
DC9

Linda not working with FCU-Combo Airbus (MCP2A)

Hello everybody,

I recently bought the above mentioned FCU Combo Airbus from VRinsight (also called MCP2A being the MCP2 Airbus-like instead of the original MCP2 Boeing version).

My question is if there is anybody out there who is able to use Linda in any way with it?

I can start both components together with FSX but there is no reaction to button presses, rotating the wheels or anything. The displays obviously are resetted but show no change. For example Com1 is shown but will not react to any changes with in FSX (and of course no reaction on the hardware, not even the possibility to swith to ADF, TRAN etc).

I actually expected to be able to use any functions without such problems. After all VriSim allows easily to interact with FSX standard aircraft Autopilot, Com/Navs etc. Confusingly I could not program functions to the buttons via Keymapper either. But this is a different problem and I would really prefer to use Linda with the hardware if there is any way...

Any input and held is appreciated.

Best regards

Marcus

At the moment LINDA doesn't support MCP2A. Some buttons could work, but no guarantees at all. You could check the fsuipc4.log for Lua messages and erros about LINDA to be sure if it works.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi Artem,

thank you for your reply. Meanwhile I could configure the MCU combo using FSUIPC. Having started FSX, Linda and the hardware I will have to "restart the LUA engine" from within Linda until it works. I am not sure if there are circumstances which cause trouble or if there is anything that could make things easier.

If there is anybody out there with similar problems we could try to figure out together what is the best way to use the MCP2A.

Best regards M