Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Reality XP has released GNS V1.6.

Just a heads-up... if you got a pre-release version, now is the time to pick up the final release.

Bert

Got it - thanks for the heads-up, Bert. This enhancement to the 430 and 530 really helped to "make" the Malibu for me. I'd fly it far less if it didn't have this, and less still without your and bliksimpie's G500 work - especially the glideslope for LPV approaches - so thanks for your efforts on testing the RealityXP ehancements and for the 500 stuff.

Scott

Where can one find the release notes for this version 1.6? I'm curious if it's worth the upgrade.

Reading a couple of forums and reading a couple of nightmares about one person having to rebuild their fs9 machine. Even though I'm not using fs9 or vista, just the thought of having to rebuild my fsx - yet again - brings some serious chills. And one having the GNS530 show transparent.

I fly two airplanes that have the GNS530 embedded, so far they work just fine, Of course the sync with the 430 in the PA46T would be great but it's no show stopper for me. Even during flight planning in FSX I just delete all the inter sects unless I have to have them, then key into GNS530. Of course not having to do this step would be great...but that's not reality, right?

Know what would be great and reality is if GNS530 had the new VoiceFlight, that would be cool.

-Ray

You are still going to be keying into the GNS... the flightplan transfer is GNS --> FSX, not the other way!

Click the link above for details..

Bert

Does anyone know where are the release notes...what did they fix and is it worth while to upgrade...and risk destroying your FSX installation, as I have read on other forums.

-Ray

Ray,

Did you read the posts on the RealityXp forum?

"risk destroying your FSX installation, as I have read on other forums."

I have never had any problems with any Reality products / Updates on any of several FS9/FSX PCs with various Windows OS's.

Have you?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Does anyone know where are the release notes...what did they fix and is it worth while to upgrade...and risk destroying your FSX installation, as I have read on other forums.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/373385-reality-xp-has-released-gns-v16/ Near the bottom you'll see a posting with release notes. The big thing for most of us (and it is a big thing to me!) is being able to have external devices like the G500 see our RXP flightplans. This benefits the P46T, the C90, the A36 and I'm sure many other planes. If this isn't a big deal for you, then you may not care.

Many of us have been running early versions for some time without problems and have since installed the release. Not that I don't have sympathy for the guy having the issue, but I've only read one trouble report and that's on FS9, not FSX (said not to be dismissive of FS9 users, but because this is a forum for users of an FSX only plane).

Scott

In C:\ProgramData\Reality XP there's the rxpGnsSim.dll stating its version on the Details tab. 1.6.0.0 is the current one.

In addition, make sure you have good copies of these files / here:

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

In C:\ProgramData\Reality XP there's the rxpGnsSim.dll stating its version on the Details tab. 1.6.0.0 is the current one.

thank you work like a charm

I have downloaded the rxp 1.6 update

My WAAS setup includes the latest database update which is current through 6/11

If I run the 1.6 update, will this erase the database and replace it with the original one?

Richard