Sign in to follow this  
Matt H

Feelthere ERJ v.2 Jerky Ailerons

Ever since I've had the ERJ v2 for FS9 and FSX (Currently only using FSX version), the ailerons plus the yoke are always stuttering and or jerking. This occurs when the autopilot is active with level flight, banking to intercept the desired heading, following waypoints on the FMS (LNAV) and intercepting a localizer for landing. During the jerky motions of the yoke and ailerons, the aircraft seems to also have a little wobble when going into the initial turn. I have tried running FSX with my joystick disabled, loading a default FSX aircraft then the ERJ, setting weather to clear to rule out any effects that may have and updating my FSUIPC. All of these still didn't seem to fix the problem. Speeds and weights during my tests and actual flights where this occurs are normal for the aircraft performance and aren't the issue. I have also tried tinkering with the configuration utility with no such luck. After I tried trying all these I uninstalled the product and then reinstalled which as well didn't fix the problem. I have only seen a few topics about this issue with one guy who said he "fixed it" but never posted the fix back on the thread...

One thing to note: This occurs on my Feelthere E-Jets v.2 product as well.

Other useful information:

Windows 7 64 bit

Core i7 870 @4.2 Ghz

EVGA 570 SC

8000 Mb ram

FSX Acceleration SP2

Feelthere ERJ V2 SP2

Joystick: Logitech Extreme 3d Pro (X30)

User account control (UAC) off during installation and when running FSX

Any help will be appreciated,

Matthew H

Its a known problem, i have it too.

I havent seen a fix for it anywhere either.

On 8/21/2017 at 3:35 PM, stevewhatmore said:

I know this is an old thread but any fix for this

steve

Yeah I need a fix for it too, I've been looking for any type of thread that would address this situation, but haven't found any... Also the way you describe your issue is the EXACT same issue I have down to the dot...

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

What you have to do is uninstall it, then (if you don't have any other DLCs for steam edition), delete the "DLC" folder in your FSX main folder. After that, reinstall it and the ailerons should be much smoother!

If you have any other steam edition DLCs, only delete the E-Jets' DLC folder.

The autopilot logic is not default and uses direct control surface inputs. Due to refresh rate limitations, the controllers can not guarantee smooth control surface movement. There is nothing that can be done about this and a reinstallation basically only resets the INI file containing any autopilot controller tweak values and options to Feelthere's defaults.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I flew the damn thing for 10 years.   FWIW, the real thing has a pretty jerky autopilot too.  Maybe just think of it as a "realism feature"?  ;-)

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 1

Andrew Crowley