Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dizza

Unable to determine causing of crashes

Guest Dizza

Up until recently, I've been able to make a few flights in FSX without it crashing on me. In the last 2-3 months I've had nothing but trouble with FSX and I've ran out of ideas on how to track down what is causing the errors.

I primarily fly the PMDG 737NGX with SP1c installed, other addons that are currently installed are REX 2.0 + Overdrive, FSDT KLAX, and Captain Sim 757.

The game will stop responding at various points during flight and sometimes when I am able to ALT-TAB out of the game, it will say "WideFS: Waiting for clients" in the titlebar of FSX... but I've never installed WideFS at all.

Sometimes I will get an entry in the event log if the game fully crashes on its own, but when it goes into the "not responding", I have to forcibly end the task and no event log entries are created.

any tips on where to start to figure this out? I am not able to enjoy FSX or my addon's at all at this point.

-d

... and I've ran out of ideas on how to track down what is causing the errors.

Did that include deleting your FSX.cfg, and using Bojote's tuning service? I would try that to start with.

If you've had some ideas and tried them all to no avail, perhaps it's time to bite the bullet and do a reinstall of FSX, or even more drastic, an OS reinstall plus drivers and DirectX, followed by FSX and your choice of SP's and add-ons.

If you do that, then follow NickN's OS tuning guide and use Bojote's FSX.cfg tuning service I would hope and expect that you will cure your problem. I stick my neck out and say this, because that's what I've just done and it worked for me. Others may well say otherwise.

Best wishes what ever you decide,

Guest Dizza

Yes, I have deleted the cfg file and let FSX rebuild it. Still have the issue.

Uninstalling FSX and reinstalling everything is going to be the last straw since it will take me hours to get everything back in place.

-d

That is a FSUIPC command polling for WideFS on a client computer. Do you have FSUIPC installed? If so, Disable WideFS in FSUIPC.

Guest Dizza

Have you done the uiautomationcore.dll fix for FSX? Do you use an ENB mod?

Yes I have done that fix. I also removed ENB since it started only working on my secondary monitor, prior to that ENB was working just fine.

-d

Guest Dizza

That is a FSUIPC command polling for WideFS on a client computer. Do you have FSUIPC installed? If so, Disable WideFS in FSUIPC.

Hmm... good point. I didn't know it was part of that and FSUIPC must of been installed by an addon that installed at some point. I don't remember installing it myself.

-d

Hmm... good point. I didn't know it was part of that and FSUIPC must of been installed by an addon that installed at some point. I don't remember installing it myself.

-d

Many addon install a non registered version of FSUIPC to com with gauges. I always thought it took a registered version to have wideFS active, been using it for years? Anyways WideFS should not be enabled. May and probably would cause hangs. Hope you havnt done a Bunch of uninstalling stuff! :)