Sign in to follow this  
Warren

Almost brings tears to my eyes

This morning i took a flight from Liesure Land Airpark to Quiliquote and it almost brought tears to my eyes using the orbyx scenery. This is the way it is supposed to be. Soooo vivid and smooth. If we can ever port over GEX and Ultimate Terrain and Rex it will be heaven. The only thing I don't like is my desktop tool bar on the bottom when i am in full screen mode. Other than that I love it. Prepar3D is the future.

Just%20Kidding.gif

GEX and Ultimate Terrain and Rex it will be heaven

Done it! Really liking P3D but I believe at this point its not for the non tech savvy. Only missing one port over I havn't figured out yet. realityXP GNS. They spread that thing all over the place!

Warren,

You're right. Smoothness and I love even the default scenery over FSX. So vivid and sharp..........just pretty. Orbx just makes it come alive.

In FSX I used GEX & UT, but I'm going to leave that out on P3D and just continue to expand when Orbx releases it.

I also use Full Screen Mode, but when I do, the tool bars leave at bottom. The only flaw in FSM is that the ATC is buggy - which LM is going to address in the next update or v2.

cthiggin

Can you not use the "Autohide" option for the toolbar ?

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

The only thing I don't like is my desktop tool bar on the bottom when i am in full screen mode.

Right-click on the bottom toolbar and set "Auto Hide" on...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

GEX REX and UTX all work in P3d.

Rex is the easiest just point the installer to P3d folder

If you use the FStools registry editor to change your fsx directory to the P3d folder, then GEX should work too.

UTX you can install then you have to copy over the entries in the scenery.cfg for FSX and your good to go.

And yes P3d is glorious, I use Orbx stuff, but I also really enjoy my sim-savvy Florida photoscenry and a slew of addon airports, make my home state come alive!

Done it! Really liking P3D but I believe at this point its not for the non tech savvy. Only missing one port over I havn't figured out yet. realityXP GNS. They spread that thing all over the place!

That is the addon that FSX2P3D Migrator can't work with either.

I've gone back to FSX as i feel the benefits P3D offers over FSX are well and truly negated by the lack of that software in the sim ...