Sign in to follow this  
dburne

Finally broke 100 hours and counting

Hey gang,

So early this morning I flew yet another job in the Maule - not sure why I like flying jobs so much, maybe because I love flying the Maule as it seems to simulate what I would think flying should be so well - that and the feeling of accomplishment and reward from completing the job.

Anyway I almost always after completing a job, glance at my pilot profile. Last week I think it was, I broke 1million XP. With this flight this morning I also broke 100 hours logged of flight time in Flight - the majority of that being flown in the Maule.

Alas though, my life is getting more back to normal and my time available will not be what it has been, but I will still continue to fly as I can and will anxiously look forward to Alaska and what it brings. I really hope it brings another full featured aircraft, at least as good and hopefully better than the Maule. A nice twin engine with say a GPS and maybe autopilot would certainly be a nice addition, especially if they cover all of Alaska - that is a lot of terrain to fly over.

I know there are hints in Flight from the messages, of perhaps a seaplane and helicopter coming in the future as well, now it would really be neat to get all three types with Alaska - that would certainly excite some folks!

I noticed another hint recently, when I started a cargo job in the Maule, the passenger commented " the numbers don't lie, we are too heavy for this runway, we will have to either dump fuel or switch to a stronger plane". But of course I ignored that and proceeded to take off anyway, most times it can be done.

So obviously larger planes are planned and hopefully in the pipeline.

It will indeed be interesting to see what all the Alaska DLC brings us!

Congratullations Don on your first 100th hours.

Yes, the game is full of future content hints. From the Aircraft stats pages mentioning helicopter rotors and hover ceilings, to the awards screen which is filled with awards not currently possible to obtain. (There are also many others)

I’m also hopeful Alaska will start bringing on some goodies so we can start aiming to get at least some of them.

Wow, 1 million XP and 100 hours...!!! Congratulations! I haven't got a clue what my numbers are but certainly not that much! I am still stuck at level 17. Did too many free flights, I guess... :wink:

I also can't wait for Alaska. Not only because I like some new territory to fly over but also because I am really curious what plane it will come with...! The future of Flight depends a little on Alaska, I think...!

EDIT

Just checked LOL I only have 336914 XP and 33:22'11" hours! I guess I spend too much time talking about Flight on the forum... :wink:

Just checked LOL I only have 336914 XP and 33:22'11" hours! I guess I spend too much time talking about Flight on the forum

Wussie!!!!!!!!

I been a telling ya, you need to fly more jobs!

:smile:

Not to worry, with how my schedule will be here soon enough folks will be passing me on by.

I also can't wait for Alaska. Not only because I like some new territory to fly over but also because I am really curious what plane it will come with

Yes same here as I kind of expressed earlier, the more I think about it the more excited I get - I just have a feeling that those that really like more of the true simming type of planes, ie VC's with working instruments, may be very happy with what comes with Alaska. I certainly have no inside knowledge and that is strictly a wild butt guess on my part, but I just feel that when Alaska is released it is really going to generate some great new excitement. We know what has been released to date, was already in the pipeline prior to the original launch, I think with Alaska we " may" start seeing some results from the feedback they have been getting the last several weeks. I certainly hope so. At the same time though, I would like to see even more challenges/mission/jobs, maybe different types of ones, to add even more diversity. I never would have thought it, but really found the missions/jobs/challenges quite fun.

Now the question is - when - and all we can do is guess on that one as well. If we take the initial launch date, and JH's comment that their goal was around one DLC scenery expansion every 3 months or so, I am guessing we "may" see the Alaska DLC around the early part of June. But then, I also think I have heard there may be one more warplane that was already planned and in the pipeline, if that is the case they maybe will drop it on us and then wait another month or so after it to release Alaska.

But we know Alaska was at least far enough along to demo somewhat at the PAX show a few weeks ago, or whatever that was. Maybe they are hard at work on some cool aircraft.

Ah the speculation, ain't it fun!

if that is the case they maybe will drop it on us and then wait another month or so after it to release Alaska.

But we know Alaska was at least far enough along to demo somewhat at the PAX show a few weeks ago, or whatever that was. Maybe they are hard at work on some cool aircraft.

Well, Howard said they were planning on releasing a plane a month and a region every three months. So... at the end of May we may see a plane AND a region. He didn't say they would skip the monthly plane when a region is being released.

Yes, it's fun speculating... but I rather had MS simply telling us what the plans are. :wink:

Well guys, if you don’t mind crashing a couple times, you can warp speed your XP’s by doing challenges, specially the Gold Rushes.

I got a bit over 2 million XP’s but now have 240 crashes, another guy here (Hint Fred) has over 6 million XP’s doing the same thing, :LMAO: plus missions and free flight.

Yes, it's fun speculating... but I rather had MS simply telling us what the plans are.

I agree with both parts of that statement, but I don't think the second one will happen.

I think a determining factor will be how many "oops" moments they encounter while testing.

I also can't wait for Alaska. Not only because I like some new territory to fly over but also because I am really curious what plane it will come with...! The future of Flight depends a little on Alaska, I think...!

indeed. I am stuck around 180 hrs and have not done much flying. the first hype let me be glued to my comp but that has worn off a little, also business is catching up and I have much little time for flying let alone postimg here - as some may have noticed. alaska and a new plane (hopefully not another tail dragger) will certainly bring me back into business. but right now I do a quick aerocache here and there and that's it.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

indeed. I am stuck around 180 hrs and have not done much flying.

Hey Phil, good to see you here! Haven't seen you around as much lately . Wow 180 hours is pretty darn good, I thought my 100 hours was a lot!

I hear you about business catching up, my " sidelined" days are winding down now, and my time is about to become much more limited.