Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Iris' F-22 Raptor

Can somebody kindly give me their views, if they have it, of how good this aircraft really is? Has it been competently modelled inside and outside. Has it got decent texturing, a workable 2D/3D VC panel, or is it a plethora of non-working switches on such a leading edge fighter aircraft?

Never having owned an Iris product, I have no idea how good or not good they are and whether it is worth a purchase, as it's offered for sale at sub-$20 from $48.

I do not want to make the same mistake I made with another recent purchase, least said the best.

Thanks in advance fro any +ve or -ve feedbacks.

Rick and the sales. :biggrin: Just be aware that, after buying a new plane, there should be some time left to actually fly and enjoy it. So don't let those % signs narrow your vision.

Can't help you much on the Iris though. But the last on the edge fighter with great depth was the VRS Superbug for me. But I'm currently on the T-38 from Milviz. You know, doing TNG and trying not to die. Nail%20Biting.gif

It doesn't model the thrust vectoring. And without that it might as well be another F-15 variant.

To be fair nobody can make a "full systems" sim of this aircraft because how the systems operate and exact details are classified.

@CoolP

Thanks for your input. I already have the VRS Superbug like you, and everything that has been said about is praiseworthy. No, I don't let % signs narrow my thinking. Some I mull over and just let pass; some are good to get if offered for 58% less. That's dosh in my pockets to buy something else, like that PYB Catalina---what a beaut.

@Zboe

I'm far more on the ball to realise that nobody can make a 'full systems sim of such a fighter, asides from the military secrecy aspect. Thanks for your input.

Well, if you really really really love the Raptor, you should probably get it while it's on sale. Otherwise, it's not worth the money. 48 bucks for such a low system modeling and average flight dynamics (even for classified aircraft) is ridiculous. F-15E is much better.

No, I do not really, really, really love the F-22 Raptor. How could I if I have never ever owned it or any other Iris product as I clearly stated in my initial thread. Which is why I put this out to garner views, feedbacks, etc, and I thank you and others for their perspectives.

Now I have an idea from the replies herein that it is nowhere near VRS Superbug's quality, and that the F-15E is much better. That's MilViz' version you are referring to, I take it?

Food for thought indeed.

No, I do not really, really, really love the F-22 Raptor. How could I if I have never ever owned it or any other Iris product as I clearly stated in my initial thread.

You don't have to own a product to love the airplane, right? :smile: I meant that you should get it only if it's your favorite aircraft or whatever and not that you are only looking for new addon ;)

Now I have an idea from the replies herein that it is nowhere near VRS Superbug's quality...

Iris Raptor to VRS Superbug is like default 737 to PMDG NGX. Seriously

...and that the F-15E is much better. That's MilViz' version you are referring to, I take it?

Well I was referring to Iris one (Mudhen Driver), because that is the one i own myself, but I heard that MilViz is also very good and in some aspects even better. But I can't give you accurate comparison, you should check the internet or somebody who owns both maybe could help.

Thank you very, very much for your inputs on this, George. Much appreciated. Looks like I won't be making that buy, lucrative as it sounds, as yet.

I think Iris are planning to do a new version of the F-22 in the not too distant future, so you might as well hold off and wait to see what the new version brings.

Maybe it will even model the mystery hypoxia? :P

Iris is currently overhauling the F-22 for a price (around 10 dollars if I remember correctly).. And according to their facebook page, they have also figured out a way to model thrust vectoring... (Warchild from SoH) is working on including them in the FDE's.

-Damien

I bought it on sale. It is fun to fly but it flys like a rocket. As far as comparing it to the VRS, they are not even comparable. If your goal is to fly a relatively complex systems fighter, this is not the aircraft.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for that phoenixphire input.

I reckon I'll pass and stick to the VRS, which I have yet to get out of the hangar. So many damn good buys lately.