Sign in to follow this  
basic ils

Bing is your friend. A friendly tip.

As Sigma says above:

binga.jpg

As for XBOX rewards, if you don't have gold membership you are limited to receiving awards for doing surveys and stuff (<20 points a time)

Good idea, though...Not quite worth moving to the US for, though :smile:

jake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

If only Bing actually brought up relevant information...

Well, thank <deity of your choice> that I live in Sweden and thus don't have to use Bing :).

Just for fun, try this: http://blindsearch.fejus.com/

It basically takes your search term and feeds it into Bing & Google, shows the results without saying which are from what search engine, and lets you vote. Not trying to convert anyone to Bing, but sometimes people who seem to have something against Bing consistently end up voting for the Bing results :P.

Search engine preference is something personal based on your own use of them. For my use, Bing is actually really good and often turns op more relevant stuff than Google does. I also get the feeling Google is getting 'too smart'. Taking my search term, only using parts of it, guessing that I mean one thing and showing those results when I really meant exactly what I typed in the search box...

Pretty much very time I've Binged something with more than one or two terms, nothing on page 1 of the results led to exactly what I was looking for.

Copy & paste that same query into Google and result #1 or #2 is usually right on target.

/shrug

Google has a huge head-start, though. I'm sure Bing improves faster than Google does, as they have more low-hanging fruit.

Bing looks nicer imo, but as Ray says above, it's a pants search engine..

Not sure where that report a while back about how much better and independent a Bing search is came from

/me thinks :Whistle:

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Exibit "A"

Vpzos.png

Multiple definitions for the word "the"? Seriously?

Copy & paste that same query into Google

I use Chrome and if you highlight any text and right-click it, the option to search Google for it is there.

I use Chrome and if you highlight any text and right-click it, the option to search Google for it is there.

Yeah, Firefox does that, too. Not sure about the Steam browser. But it doesn't really matter how you get the text in the box when you're comparing search engines.