Try adding the FS2Crew entries from the FSX EVO version panel.cfg to the FS9 EVO panel.cfg.

I suspect the panel.cfgs may be identical between FS9 and FSX, but I don't have the FS9 EVO so that's just conjecture.

Hello

Just wondered if there would be a FS9 update to work with the new HD panel without abit of DIY on our front, because knowing my luck I'll make a muck it up? lol

Thanks

Probably not.

But it's easy to do.

Just make a backup of the panel.cfg and add the FS2Crew entries.... copy and paste.

Just use "find" with Notepad to make sure you don't miss any FS2Crew entries. Ensure the Gauge and Window numbering match up.

Cheers,

I use only FS9 and today I bought the 737 PIC with Evo Upgrade for FS9 and also FS2Crew EVO (for FSX, after reading the discussion here). First I installed FS2Crew into FS9-Folder (it installed itself under FS2Crew2010\versions). I hoped to get it work, as described above by copying the FS2Crew entries into the FS9 Evo panel.cfg. No success. So I assume, it is not possible to use FS2Crew Evo for FSX together with FS9 and I have to wait for a FS9 Version? Or will someone find a way to get it work?

Thanks for any help,

Kurt

Hello Byork,

it is a little bit confusing. I use the 737 PIC together with FS2Crew 2010 Voice - everything is fine. I installed the Evo 2D-Upgrade for FS9, which looks much better than the default graphics. Then I copied all entries of FS2Crew into the panel.cfg = you can launch FS2Crew, read checklist, even set flaps via voice, but the FO will not trigger the switches, because the layout of every panel has changed. Result: FS2Crew 2010 and EVO-Upgrade works at maybe 10%.

Now, my idea was to buy the FSX Version, install it into FS9 and add the entries into the FS9 EVO-Ugrade Panel.cfg. Ok, this idea was stupid, I think. It didn´t work.

So for me as for thousands (ok, for a lot) of simmers still using FS9 this means: Default graphics and FS2Crew or Evolution graphics and no FS2Crew. If you have ever started using FS2Crew Voice editions (I own PMDG 737NG, PMDG 747, LevelD 767 and of course 737 PIC), you know what this means: You remove the Evo-Graphics an stay with FS2Crew.

I am sure, that a lot of simmers are begging for an Update to FS2Crew - to be able to use it together with the Evolution Upgrade. You have done this also for the Airbus Evolution Series. And I will gladly pay an extra fee to get this.

Or is there an other way to get the evolution graphics and FS2Crew 2010 together?

Kurt

Hello Bryan,

first of all! Sorry for the wrong name in my post from yesterday (seems to be a name from Iceland ;-), I was in a hurry. I think, the problem with FS2Crew and the EVO-Upgrade is mainly caused by the fact, that you can select a widescreen panel (of course do I use a widescreen as most users do, I suppose). Therefore FS2Crew is not able to activate the switches, they are simply on other places. I think, copying the FS2Crew-Entries into the non-widescreen panel.cfg should therefore work, but I am not sure.

Kurt

Hi Bryan,

yesterday I tested the panel.cfg for standard panel with evo-graphics - also no success. As with the widescreen-panel fs2crew will not locate all switches - so we have to stay with default graphics.

Kurt

Hello Bryan,

my last message to 737 PIC. As written above I decided to stay with default graphics. Yesterday I startet a first flight and everything went fine until Radar Contact after 1 hour directed me to descent to FL240. I tried to enter vertical speed and all ended up in a wonderful UFIT. Obviously I stumbled accross the famous "Jerky Autopilot" Problem, which finally showed me, that the 737 will not be flyable for me althought there are hundreds of suggestions to fix this behavior. I have no time to deal with parameters in an otherwise 100% perfect working FS2004 Installation. I removed the 737 PIC from my harddrive and will stay with PMDG and LevelD and of course FS2Crew Voice for 737 NG, 747 and 767. Sorry, this post is somewhat off topic.

Thanks for your help anyway,

Kurt

I also use 737 Evo in FS9.

Still lot's of us who have not made the leap to FSX yet.

Would be nice if this worked for FS9 737 Evo.

Cheers.