Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

Annoying problem when closing a FSX flight with PMDG 737NGX

Hello guys,

it is a very long time I have this problem and no way to fix it. When I close a flight using FSX menu bar, I get this weird window on the bottom-right corner (see the attachment). I have also tried to close the flight using ESC button and even waiting about 10-20 seconds when the closing window message comes up.

I have an up-to-date OS (Windows 7 plus SP1 plus about 80 OS updates) and all .NET Framework and Visual C++ addons installed, plus their updates.

What kind of action I should take to fix this annoying problem?

Thanks, bye!

P.S.: very important, no problems with any other aircraft, not only default ones but also with other payware ones.

I don't mean to be cheeky, but I noticed your notification center (the flag icon, bottom right) has a big red circle with an X on it. Any chance you've checked it to see what's wrong? I don't think it's directly causing your issue, but it could be contributing...

Kyle Rodgers

I too get that now and again with the NGX and also with the Leonardo Maddog. As am exiting FSX when it happens I just ignore it. I have always assumed it was because I think both products don't just use FSX code.

I don't mean to be cheeky, but I noticed your notification center (the flag icon, bottom right) has a big red circle with an X on it. Any chance you've checked it to see what's wrong? I don't think it's directly causing your issue, but it could be contributing...

It does not a factor, it refers to the LAN unplugged cable.

Riccardo, two separate issues... Kyle is talking about the white flag of the notification centre in W7, with its red and white error cross, there is some issue in the notification centre requiring attention, missing AV, backup not set up or whatever...

You refer to the lack of network connection...

My guess is that the notification centre issue is not related at all. It looks like you have accidentally moved the FSX opening screen off centre to the bottom right. You need to pull itbak to the middle of the screeen simply. Furthermore, the opening screen is set up to pull a page of the Internet, which is not going to happen, as you are currently not connected to any network...

Just my guess, based on the information you have provided. As such, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this post...

A

You need to pull itbak to the middle of the screeen simply.

I have tried that and it will not move.

It does not a factor, it refers to the LAN unplugged cable.

That's the indicator to the right of what I'm referring to, as noted below.

Riccardo, two separate issues... Kyle is talking about the white flag of the notification centre in W7, with its red and white error cross, there is some issue in the notification centre requiring attention, missing AV, backup not set up or whatever...

You refer to the lack of network connection...

My guess is that the notification centre issue is not related at all.

Earlier I mentioned that I suspected it wasn't directly causing the issue, but was contributing. If there are things in the notification center (as in, your last defrag was a year ago, or something similar), it can cause other issues. Certain updates get reported in there, too, and if those aren't applied, they can cause issues.

My main point here is that any time I go to help someone remove a virus (or what they think is a virus) from their computer, I find similar things:

A web browser with about 5-6 toolbars, icons all over the place (mostly downloads on the desktop, if not in some random folder), and a lack of security software. On top of that, when I ask about a "defrag" I get a blank stare.

What's causing the issue in their case isn't the fact that they have 5-6 toolbars, icons all over the place, and a lack of security software. Those are indicators of behaviors that cause issues. That's what I'm trying to say here.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok guys, thanks for your replies but some details are needed after reading your posts.

1. about the unistalled updates (flag with red cross): those updates refer to the "May2012 patch day" and not to very old ones. I had that problem also some weeks ago, when the system was completely up to date.

2. Before moving to the new platform (Samsung SSD 830) I did not have that problem. So, I think it is probably related to some OS or FSX addon installed before on the old HDD, which is now not still installed on the system, but I don't know which one.

3. That problem comes out even when the computer is connected to the net via 3G connetion.

Bye.

Ok guys, thanks for your replies but some details are needed after reading your posts.

1. about the unistalled updates (flag with red cross): those updates refer to the "May2012 patch day" and not to very old ones. I had that problem also some weeks ago, when the system was completely up to date.

2. Before moving to the new platform (Samsung SSD 830) I did not have that problem. So, I think it is probably related to some OS or FSX addon installed before on the old HDD, which is now not still installed on the system, but I don't know which one.

3. That problem comes out even when the computer is connected to the net via 3G connetion.

Bye.

Dear Rick, I don't now if what I am going to say wil help you... but I have had and still have ocasionally the same kind of problem.

However, I can say that I have no crosses or weird icons on my sys tray. So this means that there is not a straight connection between that and the issue with FSX.

As far as I know it has to do with SP1c, becuase prevoious to that never had this problem.

In my comp it happens when the NGX failes to initialize.... then my FSX goes "bananas" and in the end I get a picture similar to yours.

Hoping this will be solved on SP1d....

THX

I had a similar problem with FS9 and someone suggested I made sure my everyday screen resolution and the Flightsim resolution were the same. That sorted it for me.