Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Weather in FLIGHT - Pressure

I'm still finding FLIGHT very enjoyable, but at the same time I begin to wonder if this / that features will make it's way up to future DLCs....

Anyway, I somehow expect Hawaii to define more or less the mid-term evolution of the FLIGHT platform and so, I am placing my hopes on it...

Me too (placing hopes). And btw: I don't only wonder what features will be added by future DLC: I also wonder what features will be added as free updates/upgrades... I've been wondering for quite some time now if MS is only working on new DLC like scenery and planes or also on new (sim) features and if those will be released as DLC or as updates/upgrades. I mean, if ATC or AI will ever make it into the game, will it be payware DLC or an update? And how about that AP in the Maule?

I've said it a hundred times before but I can't wait for Alaska... I am SOOOOOOO curious what it will bring us!!!

I've said it a hundred times before but I can't wait for Alaska... I am SOOOOOOO curious what it will bring us!!!

Me too... The frequencies are there at the airports, the ADFs on the situation files, and other instruments too.... We can tune radios, xpdr, dial pressures, well... the potential is there...

Another thing I tried to test the best I could was if there were any slope effects under appropriate wind intensity/direction. Apparently there is only turbulence/shear, some updrafts/downdrafts, but nothing that I believe configures some sort of orographic effects available, for instance, to fly gliders near mountain ridges.

As far as thermal go, I coudn't find any :-(

FSX had a somehow simplistic but functuional model for such effects, and in FLIGHT I can see at least one Aerocache refering to the word "Glider" :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I also wonder what features will be added as free updates/upgrades...

Hopefully they have been listening.

I msyelf would really like to see:

Working toe brakes - for those that have them on their pedals. I personally do not on my Elite pedals, but plan on eventually upgrading to a set of pedals that do have them.

Track IR support

Some form of " real weather" .

A larger plane for heavier cargo and general flying, with gps and autopilot.

I think it's best to forget about didactic when it comes to Flight. :wink: Right now, and I presume for quite some time to come, Flight is about having fun flying. The game simulates a lot of things but clearly not enough (yet) to even think of it as a didactic platform.

Depends on what you want to teach exactly: the flight dynamics of the aircraft appear to be well modeled, whereas the engines and non-ISA atmospheres aren't.

Me too (placing hopes). And btw: I don't only wonder what features will be added by future DLC: I also wonder what features will be added as free updates/upgrades... I've been wondering for quite some time now if MS is only working on new DLC like scenery and planes or also on new (sim) features and if those will be released as DLC or as updates/upgrades. I mean, if ATC or AI will ever make it into the game, will it be payware DLC or an update? And how about that AP in the Maule?

I remember that Joshua Howard mentioned in the interview that new DLC regions should focus on new types of flying and not just on new bits of ground to look at. I think Alaska was supposed to feature weather as a major factor, but I'm not sure where I read that or even if I remember reading that correctly.

Depends on what you want to teach exactly: the flight dynamics of the aircraft appear to be well modeled, whereas the engines and non-ISA atmospheres aren't.

True, some aspects are modeled well, but jcomm was talking a didactic platform and for that I think everything has to be modeled well.

I remember that Joshua Howard mentioned in the interview that new DLC regions should focus on new types of flying and not just on new bits of ground to look at. I think Alaska was supposed to feature weather as a major factor, but I'm not sure where I read that or even if I remember reading that correctly.

Sounds good! I also remember that 'new types of flying' bit: I would love to find out if he indeed mentioned the weather as a major factor. It's such a shame MS doesn't communicate anything about what they are up to... :wink:

It's such a shame MS doesn't communicate anything about what they are up to...

Yes Jeroen :-( I feel that way too ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...