Sign in to follow this  
mr340

PMDG NGX 737 Flare Vs CaptainSim 757 Flare

Hi everyone am tring to compare certain aircraft landing with the PMDG 737NGX WHy?? Because i notice that when i land the 737ngx on a ILS approach it does this little flare automatically like above 100 ft or 50 right when the altitude horn is calling out Ft . It pitches up a little bit to make to aircraft land on the two back wheel first like how it have to be. But other aircraft like the captainsim 757 an 767 doesn't do that automatically on an ils approach i doesn't even matter if you have a nice speed . You have to turn autopilot off before hiting the runway an pitch the nose up a little bit to make smooth landing or if you leave the autopilot do it your tires may blow because the nose isn't pitch up enought for the aircraft to land smooth on the two back wheels first. So am concern does the Captain Sim 767 or 757 can do that automatically in ILS or am i missing a step? Because i don't mind taking the autopilot off before hitting the runway an pitch the nose up myself. But it look more better when the aircraft pitches the nose up to get that little flare right before hitting the runway.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

The NGX models the flare portion of autoland correctly, the Captain Sim aircraft do not to my knowledge. To be honest, the Captain Sim products you mention do not compare well to the NGX in regards to the flight model authenticity.

Thanks Shane Gavin , all the time i thought that all aircraft was able to do that but it looks like the PMDG 737NGX that does that little flare. I wonder if the PMDG 747 can do that to mmmmmmmmm. Am going to try it.

Thanks in regards Shane Gavin

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

I dunno about the 747 but the PMDG MD-11 flares nicely on autoland :)

Thanks Shane Gavin & Molleh

Mr Leny

If you are looking for good 767 and 757 capable of doing correct full autoland I recommend Level D Simulations 767 and Qualitywings 757. First one is really very high quality complete system simulation though lacking in graphics as its old addon. QW 757 on other hand looks good though is kind of simplified in systems, but still way better than Captain Sim in my opinion. I just somehow feel more like being in real aircraft in QW one when with Captain Sim it feels like a toy. VC just looks more lifelike when compared to memory from real 757 cockpit that I have been in, and sounds are very good.

Also QW flight dynamics are way better than on CS one.

The problem with the CS757/767 flare, isn't that there isn't any, it's that it comes too late to be effective. On a autoland you'll see the nose start to rise right before touchdown, but by that time your already on the ground less then a second later at a 400-500fpm rate (Down from 700fpm without the flare). You can fudge it a little and get a very good landing. The autopilot does not override the flight controls, so a little back pressure at about 20 to 30 ft will result in a very smooth landing (less than 100fpm), That's the one big disappointment I've had with the CS757/767, it appears it just needs a little adjustment, but in all the updates, CS never addressed it. Other than that though I'm quite happy with it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d