Sign in to follow this  
mdexter

All aircraft standing in air a few meters above a runway fix!

Hi Folks,

Yep I have one airport where the AI aircraft and my aircraft are a few meteres above the runway in mid air. Doing some reading can I simply edit the altitude in an AFCAD editor to reduce all aircraft sitting elevation to the actual runway below?

Or do I need to do something else also.......many thanks in advance folks

Normally this problem is caused by addon airport scenery that is set at a different elevation than the default airport. The scenery is drawn at the elevation specified in the addon, but the way AI works is that it uses elevations from the default scenery folders, not from the addon scenery.

The developer of the scenery should provide an altitude or elevation correction bgl file that is placed in the default scenery\world\scenery folder. The AI engine will use that to place the aircraft at the correct elevation. If the developer didn't or won't provide this file, you can create your own, but you need the scenery utility "bglcomp" from the fsx deluxe, gold, or acceleration sdk on the dvd to create the file. Alternatively a "kind soul" might do one for you if you provide the filename/link to the addon or at least the ICAO and elevation of the addon ariport.

scott s.

Thanks Scott,

Question is this caused by Addon Terrain or Addon Mesh files to make the aircraft sit above the correct elevation?