Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The new 182T

Is looking amazing. Carenado has been posting new photos showing a new shader map he is using...

http://www.facebook....47092878&type=1

403474_310500745693413_129839447092878_704920_498229574_n.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I wasn't all that excited about the 182, but I has sure whetted my appetite after those screenies!

Yeah it looks great.. This is an instant buy for me. The 182 is my all time favorite high wing Cessna since it was a mainstay of the FS series for ages. I'd prefer a new HD 182RG but I'll more than be happy with a glass cockpit fixed gear version. :)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

With Flight 1 already selling a T182 with G1000, I'm not sure where this fits in?

I was wondering too, Glenn. Running the F1 here and loving the G1000 detail plus the swift service, I may not be the one buying the same plane again from Carenado. However, if the Carenado comes in cheaper, maybe with better fps and with a lighter G1000 (which some folks may prefer), there might be a market.

But, frankly, I'd love to see something else from Carendo instead of building the same plane as F1 a few months back.

I purchased the F1 version when it came out but I wasn't into the G1000. Combine that with the fact that the fps hit was rather large, I asked for a refund.

Great aircraft though if you are into the G1000 glass.

I' am very happy with the recently released Cardinal however.....

I am also guessing that based on recent pricing, this will be around 30-40 bucks. With the F1 version at 49 bucks with a pretty awesome G1000, I think Carenado may have a hard time with this one.

Agreed. The Cirrus looks more interesting to me. I would wish for some Lancair turbine though.

I think Carenado may have a hard time with this one.

Think he'll be ok.. He'll attract the Prepar3D crowd since Flight1 is threatening to purposely cripple their products if they are installed in Prepar3D and those who never bought the Flight1 model because it was $50 (raises hand). Then those who are just loyal to Carenado.

Think he'll be ok.. He'll attract the Prepar3D crowd since Flight1 is threatening to purposely cripple their products if they are installed in Prepar3D and those who never bought the Flight1 model because it was $50 (raises hand). Then those who are just loyal to Carenado.

Agreed on the P3D thing....I'm not sure why F1 are being so awkward with this, although I have my suspicions since they are heavily into the pro / commercial market with ESP/P3D. Having crossover licenses from consumer priced products is clearly not in their best interests. I am a huge Flight 1 fan, but I think this one may come back and bite them in the &@($*.

Back to the 182.....the G1000 and flight model on the f1 version is superb. Do you think Carenado can compete with it? I dont think so personally. As for price, recent Carenado offerings are at the close to $40 mark anyway. I think I would spend the extra $10 if I had to choose between them, especially with the F1 refund option.

O course we haven't seen the Carenado G1000 yet...it might be better than the F1 version. I will reserve judgement until then.

New pics up on Carenado's facebook page showing the G1000 (PFD anyhow). Looks nice but I wonder how functional it will be....

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

New pics up on Carenado's facebook page showing the G1000 (PFD anyhow). Looks nice but I wonder how functional it will be....

Visually stunning!! I have the F1 Skylane, and probably won't get another one, but the model and textures from Carenado are really cool, as allways.

Mauricio Brentano

After checking out the pictures of the 182T on Carenado's website, I am once again impressed at their airframe modeling. I don't know good the G1000 will be but there will probably be some tweaking done to it after it's released.

I have one question. How hard would it be for Carenado to come up with some different faces for their pilots? I think it would be a plus for them to have different faces in the cockpits of different aircraft instead of the same two guys always flying their planes. It's a simple texture change.

Give me a sim pilot in his 50's, add a receding hairline, throw in some eyeglasses and a mustache and you have me sold!

Give me a sim pilot in his 50's, add a receding hairline, throw in some eyeglasses and a mustache and you have me sold!

Wait, I think I saw that guy somewhere. :Thinking:

The f1 version is on special at $10 off this week as well!

I'm getting this one for sure!

For me it is very hard to resist the superior texturing of all Carenado planes!

Now that Bernt Stolle takes care of flight modelling I really see no alternative at the moment apart from the Cessna 172 from RealAir which I am also looking forward to.

David DD