Sign in to follow this  
mr340

FSX - ATC acts Stupid Somtimes

This gets me so mad some time when i am on final approach right about when i was about to land like 500 ft from landing . ATC send me to go around an told an other aircraft to clear for landing right before ATC told me clear for landing . This is so stupid i know this can't happen in real life. I wish this FSX ATC get some upgrade so it could stop being so stupid. When ATC tells you clear for landing it is because no other aircraft are on the runway in which you are landing on . An right about when i was about to land ATC send a other aircraft to go to position an hold an the told them to takeoff . 500 Ft right before landing i didn't even see the other aircraft on the runway i had to put max thrust an go around because of this stupid ATC . An the funny thing is it was on low visibility . I can't believe also i got a little scared an worry then again i said to myself it is just a simulator.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

You can upgrade, sort of. Some addons may help you and there's online ATC. See the default incarnation as a glimpse on the ways of flying controlled. For this, it's fine. For anything more, you may want to look at alternatives.

This gets me so mad some time when i am on final approach right about when i was about to land like 500 ft from landing . ATC send me to go around an told an other aircraft to clear for landing right before ATC told me clear for landing . This is so stupid i know this can't happen in real life. I wish this FSX ATC get some upgrade so it could stop being so stupid. When ATC tells you clear for landing it is because no other aircraft are on the runway in which you are landing on . An right about when i was about to land ATC send a other aircraft to go to position an hold an the told them to takeoff . 500 Ft right before landing i didn't even see the other aircraft on the runway i had to put max thrust an go around because of this stupid ATC . An the funny thing is it was on low visibility . I can't believe also i got a little scared an worry then again i said to myself it is just a simulator.

That may happen IRL as well just go around and make another approach, or go for VOX ATC, but you have to have English US windows and a headset

Trouble is the FSX ATC is not giving you any speeds to hold that is why this can occur more often than it should.

MB

Once they clear me to land I own the runway.

I just ignore ATC and land.

They will complain about it till you cross the Hold Short line, then tell you to contact Ground.

FSX, as real as it gets.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

There's no better upgrade than to start flying online and talking to Humans =)

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Guest firehawk44

There's one excellent freeware program called AISmooth that reduces the number of go-arounds dramatically (Google AI Smooth). In fact, every time I use it, ATC puts all the AI in a holding pattern until I land.

I'm like Joe above and ignore any go-arounds and land if I forget to turn on AI Smooth first. Either way, it's not as real as it gets but then it is just a flight simulator program.

Best regards,

Jim

There's no better upgrade than to start flying online and talking to Humans =)

Absolutely. The online networks are easily the best addon for FSX, and they are free as well. Killer addon.

There's one excellent freeware program called AISmooth that reduces the number of go-arounds dramatically (Google AI Smooth). In fact, every time I use it, ATC puts all the AI in a holding pattern until I land.

I second this, AISmooth is a must and it's available right ere in the library, Just search for AISmooth in the FSX Utility section. It's not 100% but it will cut the occurrences of go arounds considerably. Also if you got UT2, there is a option to clear all encroaching aircraft on approach with just a keystroke for the times one gets by AISmooth!. I don't know if the other payware traffic programs have a similar feature.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You talk about goofy! On my flight from San Diego, KMYF to to Las Vegas, KVGT, today, I heard FSX ATC sending this message, " ultralight tricycle, please expedite your climb to flight level 180". This call was made maybe 6 times until I was cleared out of LA center. Hope that guy brought his O2 tank.