Sign in to follow this  
RichBowman

777 HUD/HGS?

Morning all.

Anyone know if there's going to be a Heads-Up Display system on the T7? Not aware if it's an option in RL.

Just pondering...

Cheers,

Rich

FedEx is ordering their new 777Fs with the HGS. If it's a real-life option and airlines use the HGS, I think PMDG would model it.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

They invest so much time in that HUGS, if there is even option for T7 to mount HUGS, they will make it in simulator.

90% of Airlines that fly them that I know of anyway don't. I believe in the new 777-8/9X it will be standard. I'm sure it would be not to much of a problem as it's already done in the 737, so the ones actually in any 777's out there doubt they're any different to the 737's.

If its similar to the NG hud then I'm sure they will only have to modify it slightly to fit it on the 777F. Just a speculation.

I'd love the HUD in the 777. I hope the 777 comes out by Christmas. I got a trip planned next summer - a cruise out of Miami. I want to master the PDMG 777 and then spend 2 hours in a full motion simulator in Miami. I did this with the 737NG last year and the 767 many times. It seems the 777 has much a more complicated display/interface. By the videos in Youtube,I see you can request clarance, ATIS and accpet clearances using the interface. There's a lot to learn here.

But I did the 737NG justice with my prep in the 737NGX.

Paul Gugliotta

Initally i doubt wether it will include one, maybe as a fix/patch, whatever you guuys call it, it will come out then, or available to download at a later date...

just my thoughts....

I've always wondered this too... Why doesn't the 777 have HUDs??? It seems like it's more common on the 737.

Not sure, maybe its an option that many airlines don't want. I wonder how many bought into the hud for the 737.

I know all of Southwest's fleet have them according to a pilot I talked to. Really cool little thing (didn't seem that big actually). It'd be nice to have it on the 777, but I wonder if it is not very common because of the crew (if there is more then just a pilot and a co-pilot, I don't know about the crew specifications though) and the need for all the situational awareness is actually needed.

If a 777 is flying a short leg (shorter than 7-8 hours) then there are just two pilots. The hud is not really for situational awareness, its mainly there so you can keep your eyes out the window and still see information. Most pilots I talked to at AA love the hud but a few are not a fan because autoland has been disabled because the hud is CATIII capable.

If a 777 is flying a short leg (shorter than 7-8 hours) then there are just two pilots. The hud is not really for situational awareness, its mainly there so you can keep your eyes out the window and still see information. Most pilots I talked to at AA love the hud but a few are not a fan because autoland has been disabled because the hud is CATIII capable.

Virtually any real pilot I know would much prefer to handfly his/her airplane than do autolands anyway though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Virtually any real pilot I know would much prefer to handfly his/her airplane than do autolands anyway though.

And that's the vibe I got from the crews I spoke to but there are always an exception to the rule here and there lol, I'm guessing this pilot in particular doesn't like to hand fly in dense fog.

Haha, well I could imagine it being a little nerve-wracking trying to fly by hand in dense fog for some pilots, best bet is just try and fly in the afternoon and avoid San Francisco lol. Unfortunately it's not like that.

on the pilots

Also, I didn't know this, but all 737s equipped with the HUDs have the autoland disabled?

I don't think Southwest crews are allowed to autoland since they have the HGS. I could be wrong though.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Haha, well I could imagine it being a little nerve-wracking trying to fly by hand in dense fog for some pilots, best bet is just try and fly in the afternoon and avoid San Francisco lol. Unfortunately it's not like that.

on the pilots

Also, I didn't know this, but all 737s equipped with the HUDs have the autoland disabled?

Not sure about all but the AA crews tell me that its disabled on their birds.

Its cheaper to keep the HUDs working than autolands... maintenance, crew training and all...