Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

pause/stutter just >1-500feet before touchdown

Well FSX is bad programmed. We all know that but i found it irritating that when everything is going fine then the sim would give me these stretched images like stutter and small pauses on approach just before landing.

I believe i read somewhere that it has something to do with FSX memorybuffer so lowering grahics would help.

So what are your experience to this killer and solutions ?

Thanks

Michael

I7@950 4,2ghz

HD5870 1GB

SSD128 win 7 64bit

300gb RAPTOR FSX drive

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Michael, it sounds to me, simply that as the autogen is being drawn as you get closer to the airport, it is using more resources from the CPU, hence the stutters. I suggest you run the NGX at lower slider settings.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Might be airport structures coming into higher LOD levels as well..

well the Autogen is pretty much lowered to Dense from Max and i am not sure if this is the best solution. I have had results with maxed out Autogen with better smoothness but OOM instead.

Some guy suggest tha i should remove the Affinitymask=14 as it would give me all 4 cores for textureloading

hmm

Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Do you have audio environment installed? This used to create this problem for me

Keithy George

?? this is the site that uses affinitymask=14

Michael

Michael PM me your FSX. cfg i have ATI and i had this issue but i did resolve it.. thanks Steve i'll help you out here m8 and get you running smooth again

well the Autogen is pretty much lowered to Dense from Max and i am not sure if this is the best solution. I have had results with maxed out Autogen with better smoothness but OOM instead.

Some guy suggest tha i should remove the Affinitymask=14 as it would give me all 4 cores for textureloading

hmm

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael, unsure what airports you are experiencing this issue. But to be honest, I run my NGX at normal autogen...always. If you see my signature, my rig is no slouch. However, even at normal autogen approaching Aerosoft's Madrid airport I will encounter poor perfrormance. Now throw in 8/8 cloud, all the assorted parafanalia and then up the AG to dense and I have similar issues. However, I'm sure Steve will help you out with a PM.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Yeah i certainly will the tweek i have unfortunatley only works well with ATI cards.... but PM me m8 i will get you going ( In the FSX way ) :o

Anyone with a high end SandyBridge system should religiously follow THIS guide.

well i have sent you a PM including the text of my fsx.cfg. Its rather frustrating having these microstutters on approach

Normal autogen does not help at all

Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Yeah got your PM m8 and im working on it for you im away now till Monday so i will message you your new CFG monday... There are a few things i need to know m8 do you run AI traffic like UT2 etc.. and if so what sound do you use for them normal default or do you use Audio Airliner Enviroment ?? Your cpu is a quad i have that... and your card is a 5800 series right?

leave it with me will speak Monday

Steve

Thank you :-)

I have:

UT 2 at 30%

No sound extras .only default

Intel core i7-950@4-4,2ghz

HD5870 1GB

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png