Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

pause/stutter just >1-500feet before touchdown

Hi Michael,

I had stutters during approach. I had the impression that they are relatetd to the altitude callouts, because I had before each callout a stutter.

I changed in my fsx.cfg in section

[sound]

sound_lod=0

to

sound_lod=1

and I had several approaches now with no stutters.

I hope that helps to solve your problem

regards

Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

This part of the config is apllied to external sounds such as audio enviroment 3 party like airline audio enviroment.... =1 is default ai traffic sounds

I know, but my stutters disappeared. I can only presume that the sounds of the NGX are somehow like AI sounds.

regards Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

Hi Michael,

I had stutters during approach. I had the impression that they are relatetd to the altitude callouts, because I had before each callout a stutter.

I changed in my fsx.cfg in section

[sound]

sound_lod=0

to

sound_lod=1

and I had several approaches now with no stutters.

I hope that helps to solve your problem

regards

Stefan

LOL i didnt know but i had it that way by default so :-)

I think the compromise deleting usepools=0 is the best solution but still think that simconnect can also have a role in this. Is there any regular updates to simconnect and should i edit any ini files for this ?

Thanks Steve and the community

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

No problem... The usepools=0 option is great if you have the water set to high x2 because other wise you will start to get graphic atifacts.... and ATI cards are much better for this option than Nvidia as they are harder to crash....

Yes it is easy to get these blitz over ground, and artifacts when having usepools=0 but i believe the high x 2 water setting is eating my fps up to 7fps. not nice :-)

Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Hi everybody

after some more try and error I found 2 parameters influencing the stutter.

I have no stutters during approach when I have in fsx.cfg the following settings:

delete the lines in section [Graphics]

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

ForceWindowedVSync=1

it seems that they are the main source for the stutters during approach.

set in section [sound]

Sound_Lod=1

Some remarks to section [bufferpools]

in my system is no difference regarding stutters between

Usepools=1

PoolSize=490000000

and

UsePools=0

With Usepools=0 I have sometimes strange textures flashes.

I think this depends very much on the hardware and the OS.

Some people say that it is better to disable DX10 preview, but in my system DX10 preview gives much better colors and around 10 FPS more.

When I fly the 737NGX I have 2D panel on one screen and overhead panel and CDU on the second screen. I run my system with nvidiaInspector and limit the frames to 75. Due to this I get around 38 fps (due to my 2 displays the FPS of the limiter is divided by 2)

regards

Stefan

My system

Master for FSX:

Intel i7 CPU X980 3,3GHz ;12GB RAM; 2 x GeForce GTX295 driver 290.53 together in SLI mode nvidia inspector 1.9.6.5 with 2 screens 1920x1080

sound Creative Sound Blaster SB X_Fi driver 6.0.1.1376

Win7 Prof 64bit SP1; FSX +Acceleration

Slave for connection with IVAO or VATSIM:

Intel Quad Q 8400 2,66 GHz; 8GB RAM; graphic card INTEL Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

Win7 Prof 64bit SP1;IVAP 1.9.8.2133

regards
Stefan Liebe

Be aware if you use Audio env or Alan Constables AI traffic Sound, using this Sound_Lod=1 parameter will cause them to not work.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

well my conclusion to this problem is that i have reached the absolut max of what simconnect and FSX can give me i believe (anyone knows to tweak it?). I have a recorder for SVA airlines , CDUII software frome VR insight,ASE over simconnect and sometimes EFB and almost every flight Squawkbox4. All these uses simconnect and in combination of all these programs connected gives me stutter and small pauses from time to time.

Did a flight today without anything besides ASE with no problems at all. EFB seems to be my biggest problem, Will disable VSD in the NGX by default.

Thanks guys

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png