Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

Setting up a STILL camera at end of runway with FSrecorder?

The end of this video shows exactly what camera angle i am looking for. I want the camera to just sit without following the aircraft.

If someone can give detailed instructions how to do this with FSrecorded it would be greatly appreciated! thanks alot guys.

I don't know if you can do it in FSRecorder as I don't have it (can you define cameras in FSR?) but you certainly can using a World Camera in EZdok, so perhaps this is what is being done in that vid.

I don't know if you can do it in FSRecorder as I don't have it (can you define cameras in FSR?) but you certainly can using a World Camera in EZdok, so perhaps this is what is being done in that vid.

okay ill download EZdok and see what i can do with that. Cause i have the latest FSrecorder, and i read in the comments of this video that he used FSrecorder and did the tower set up thing, but i couldnt figure it out. Anyways im guna see what i can get with EZdok, thanks!

I found EZdok a little confusing at first, but it's worth persevering if you don't have it - besides having the option to be able to place fixed cameras at any point you want it gives a nice realistic head movement in VCs which includes bumping down the runway and jolts when you touch down etc. It's something I'd not do without now.

To add a world camera then firstly save and close the flight you want to film (or do this before you start the flight because you have to restart FSX after adding a world camera to get it to work). Start a free flight from where you want to place the camera (eg Gatwick 26L) and then slew if you want to fine tune your positioning. Then get the EZdok studio up (you need to be in windowed mode to do this) and right click in the world cameras list to 'drop' a camera at the current aircraft point. It will tell you to restart FSX at this point so discard the flight and do that. Reload or start the flight you want to film and when you look at the EZdok studio you'll see your world camera - when you click on this you'll be viewing from that camera (wherever it may be), and you can fine tune the position again as you would a VC camera. I've had EZdok for a few months but only just worked out how to do this - it makes take offs and approaches much more dramatic!

okay i figured everything out here with EZdock, only when im using it i hold spacebar to turn the camera a direction, and the camera goes back to the original postion. It wont stay facing the way i point it.

alright nevermind I got it working good now!! awesome thanks man

Not totally sure what that would be but try one of these and see if they work:

• Make sure that in the EZdok studio when you select your world camera it has the 360° button highlighted.
  • Don't use the spacebar hold to pan around, use your middle mousewheel held down (applies to pretty much any EZdok defined view I think)

Edit: too late but hopefully it was one of those two!