Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

prime_max

744 PFD/ND can't be powerd by AC system?

Hi guys.

I find it strange that the 744's left PFD/ND/Engine Instrumentation/VHF can't be power by Main AC systems.When I turn STBY POWER Selector to OFF,Left CRT screens will be shut off.

it seems that the standby bus is the only source of Captain's instruments power,which i can't understand.

Does PMDG 744 simulates the Captains Transfer Bus?I'm looking forward a answer.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not sure if it does or not. I had to uninstall Windows and have yet to reinstall it so I don't have FSX in front of me.

But look at it this way. The F/O gets some valuable experience if things start to go pear-shaped.

In the PMDG 747, when STANDBY POWER is Off, the F/O ND can be transferred to the Secondary EICAS.

Is this not what happens in the real world 747? The only reference I can find to STANDBY POWER Off is during the shutdown and secure procedures.

The same thing happens in 737NGX.I have read real 747 system review and PMDG system Manual and the both say there is the Captain/FO's Transfer Busses which power the captain’s and first officer’s flight instruments.Standby power is just a back-up source of instrument power...in PMDG 747,FO's XFR busses' sim is accurate But CAPT's XFR busses seem wrong.May be it is a bug I think...

It really depends on the aircraft configuration but usually the left PFD and ND are powered through the APU Standby Bus which in turn is powered by the captain transfer bus through AC bus 1 or 3.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Basten Heidema