What I just read somewhere is really strange. The GTX 670 from Asus, factory overclocked, performs on par or slightly better than a "vanilla" GTX 680! How's that possible? :o

What I just read somewhere is really strange. The GTX 670 from Asus, factory overclocked, performs on par or slightly better than a "vanilla" GTX 680! How's that possible? :o

The 680 is a marketing scam. :LMAO:

The 680 is a marketing scam. :LMAO:

I hope you're joking! :LMAO: If not, I might as well get the GTX 670! :smile:

Nothing new under the sun Arjen.

An OC'ed 480 or 570 can outperform a 580, or at least match it (See GB 480 SOC). Same goes for the 560Ti vs 570, 460 vs 470... and the list goes on and on. Same applies to ATI cards (6950 vs 6970)

The 670 just happens to be closer in performance to the 680 so you can have that with most factory overclocked 670's

Because IT IS a 680 with a cut core. :Big Grin:

Clock for clock the 680 still has the edge of 10-20%.

680 also had a tendency to OC better. My 680 will do 1315mhz core and 7ghz mem while my buddies 670 only does 1200mhz core and 6.3ghz mem.

Here is the best summary I have read about the 2 cards: "The GeForce GTX 680 represents a tremendous piece of technology that any gamer should love to have in his rig. The GeForce GTX 670 represents what is easily the best value in enthusiast PC gaming GPUs. Pick your poison."

Both cards are worth it and it all comes down to budget.

If I was buying a card today for an FSX only rig I would probably go with the 670. Performance from what I have read and been told is on par with the 580/680 in FSX, plus they are easier to find and you can cost effectively SLI them.

woah! 30% + overclocks... that's insane!

Mine arrived today and I am delighted with the results so far... I've only given FSX a quick test, as this card was bought predominately for other games, so any gains in FSX are purely a bonus. A quick comparison to my AMD HD6950 in Word Not Allowed's cloud test file gave over a 100% improvement in like-for-like AA levels - with the 670 set at 8xS I got 49fps with max scenery and weather settings; this compared to 22fps with similar settings on the AMD.

I need to re-acquaint myself with nV settings through Inspector, with some changes in the months I have been with the red team. Other games run very well indeed, esp. Skyrim with ENB [with SSAO and DOF] and high res textures, which constantly pegs 60fps, with NO stutters.

All good so far.

My EVGA GTX670 FTW arrives tomorrow!!! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. hahaha I will definitely get another one soon, so I can run both in SLI. I have three 24" monitors so with SLI I know I will not experience any hiccups whatsoever at extreme resolutions.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

I'd really like to know what setting you're using for your GTX 670 cards? I went from a GTX 560Ti to a 670 and performance actually seems worse...

My EVGA GTX670 FTW arrives tomorrow!!! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. hahaha I will definitely get another one soon, so I can run both in SLI. I have three 24" monitors so with SLI I know I will not experience any hiccups whatsoever at extreme resolutions.

Too late, I just bought a GTX 670, let's cross all fingers!

Hey guys, I just ordered my gtx670

I have currently a 480, so I am hoping to see a difference in FSX!!

What are your guys verdicts?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I have currently a 480, so I am hoping to see a difference in FSX!!

In heavy clouds and AA, you should see a significant jump in performance.

I love mine. I have it OC'd +130 on the core and +500 on the memory. You won't be dissapointed.

I just got my 660Ti installed... Now time for some rigorous testing. :Nerd: