I've recently built a new system featuring new *everything*, including flight controls. I've chosen the Saitek Yoke & PZ35 rudder pedals, along with a CH throttle quadrant (due to having 6 levers). With a total of 9 levers between the two quadrants I figure I'm set to fly just about anything. After attempting to research and determine the level of satisfaction on this board (and others) with the various components, I'm still not sure what the consensus is. Seems like most people prefer the Saitek parts, though there are some downsides particularly with the yoke center detent. Can anyone offer some feedback on these parts, or any reason why I should not use them? I've actually got both the CH yoke and the Saitek yoke at home right now, as it was the only yoke in-stock at Micro Center and I have a few days left to return it but likely don't have a lot of time to test and compare so any thoughts other users could offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I owned the Saitek yoke, and while it was worth its money, it was never working as I expected a yoke would do.

Did you think about PFC? Costs a bit more, but let me tell you, it's worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I owned the Saitek yoke, and while it was worth its money, it was never working as I expected a yoke would do.

Did you think about PFC? Costs a bit more, but let me tell you, it's worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word Not Allowed, to which PFC yoke do you refer, specifically? On their site I see them starting at $620 and that's quite a large price differential IMHO. I'm sure they're very high quality, but I don't think I can justify that expense. I could see maybe in the $200 range for a yoke that would be higher quality than either standard Saitek or CH yoke.

PFC used to have a "simmers special" consisting of one of their yokes, throttle quadrant and pedals which was a good deal considering the quality of components you are getting. The consoles with all the switches and radio stacks will add quite a bit more to the price tag. I have been using their Cirrus II category II BATD since I reviewed it for AVSIM. I liked it so much I ended up buying it, cause I couldn't stand the thought of going back to my CH plastic stuff and ACP Compact after using the flight school quality hardware. My hobbs meter on the PFC equipment is over 1,400 hours now and it has worked very, very well. I haven't regretted the investment.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I appreciate the feedback on PFC's products, they sound great but I am not prepared to spend that much on flight controls. Any thoughts on Saitek vs. CH?

Comparing the two side by side at the AVSIM Seattle get together a few years ago I would lean towards the Saitek hardware. Their pedels felt more realistic and they certainly continue to add more to their product line.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Comparing the two side by side at the AVSIM Seattle get together a few years ago I would lean towards the Saitek hardware. Their pedels felt more realistic and they certainly continue to add more to their product line.

Thank you sir! Anyone else care to comment?

I have been using their Cirrus II category II BATD since I reviewed it for AVSIM. I liked it so much I ended up buying it, cause I couldn't stand the thought of going back to my CH plastic stuff and ACP Compact after using the flight school quality hardware. My hobbs meter on the PFC equipment is over 1,400 hours now and it has worked very, very well. I haven't regretted the investment.

I was wondering if it ever made it back to PFC offices. LOL :)

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Hello

Would you have not been better served by buying a second Saitek Quadrant rather than the CH quadrant ?

Hello

Would you have not been better served by buying a second Saitek Quadrant rather than the CH quadrant ?

I don't believe they had any Saitek throttle quadrants in stock, and as I mentioned the CH quadrant has 6 levers already. So I don't know, would I have been better served doing as you suggest? I've been out of the flight control scene for so long I don't honestly know. My last yoke was a CH gameport yoke from 1994.

I do like the Saitek quadrant. Most of the yoke packages come with a 3 lever quadrant. If you add one additional 3 lever quadrant side by side you have the possiblity of handling most engine management configurations. While you could use even more quadrants for three of four engine aircraft I would frequently utilize FSUIPC to assign multiple engines to a single lever. So for instance flying the Captain Sim C130 I would assign four individual throttles but have the prop rpm linked to two levers (each wing) and use the clickspots in the VC for fuel introduction/cutoff.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888