Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Forum Font

I don't know if it's only me, but forum fonts have changed. Is it something I did or is it server side? The forum listing is still the same old, but when I enter a forum, like FSX, Flight etc, it's a different font.

No, Srdan, I too noticed that the font has altered. I'm glad you posted because I was beginning to doubt my sanity! Must be the new update that took place at 17:00 GMT

Hello

Same here

Forum listing is the usual font but when I enter a forum it changes to a mono spaced font.

I vote for a period of stability in the forums, since Tom retired from work he has my head spinning with all the tweaking of the forum software.

Although I'd prefer the older font, I have no problems with the new one. However, I see the vertical spacing is lost. I mean, try to see an old topic with a fs9.cfg posted. Now appears just a big paragraph with no line breaks. I don't know if this is related.

Best regards from Colombia,

Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Take the 2012 Demographic. You will see that the font changed in anticipation of the demographic that there are a lot of old dudes in these here forums. Including me. :LMAO:

I haven't a clue what caused the change... but will look into it.

First I thought it was something I installed. I guess not.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

First I thought it was something I installed. I guess not.

Ditto. This thread saved me from starting to search system restores ;)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Ditto. This thread saved me from starting to search system restores ;)

Word Not Allowed saves the day once again! Yaaaaayyyy!!! Just%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gif

I see the truly awful font is back again in the sub forum indexes.

Cheers, Andy.

I believe everything's back to normal now, right?

I don't think anything ever changed, but if you say so... :Nerd:

No it's no different, I'll show you a couple of shots to compare. Some sub forums are using Arial which was how things used to be everywhere up until around about when the new advertising panes were added recently.

Arial.jpg

Now some sub forums are using Verdana in the indexes and its quite a stark difference to me, it also looks to be a couple of points bigger too.

Verdana.jpg

Cheers, Andy.