Sign in to follow this  
thetford569

AI not visible...only a shadow?

Here's a first for me...I've been slowly installing AI aircraft into FSX after re-installing everything due to a computer upgrade. I have noticed at Fly Tampa TNCM and St. Barths that some AI aircraft are showing a shadow in their parking spot however you can't see an actual plane or any textures. When it's time to depart the shadow actually moves like a plane is there and I can see a strobe light as well. At first I thought it was one particular airline and I found a mistake in the texture folder name which I corrected but now I have some others from the same model that aren't showing up (which is the HTAI BN-2 Islander). I've also noticed what looks like a Cessna Citation Jet that only shows a shadow. What is the problem here?

Brandon

Well...just as I posted this 20 minutes later after doing some investigating I fired back up at TNCM and everything was working normally...I don't know what the issue was but now I see all my aircraft. Strange....

Brandon

In some cases, depending on the scenery and how it was designed, if you have a/c cast ground shadows turned on and the AI are FS9 models, it will cause the AI to essentially become transparent. This was a problem with a lot of Aerosoft sceneries in the early days of FSX when a lot of people were using FS9 models and had the a/c ground shadows turned on. In your case it might have been something else since it essentially cured itself after rebooting FSX assuming you didnt change any settings on the re-load.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator