Sign in to follow this  
baby_fan

PMDG737 windshield rain effects

I have a question to consult, because it is very like PMDG737this plug-in, but I saw a IFLY a737NG official video on the Internet, video display when IFLY737windshield rain effect, looking for a long time I can use on the PMDG737NG rain effects plug-ins, but has not found, do not know if there is no suitable for PMDG737NG glass rain effects plug-ins wind with, please help me recommend a.

Thanks a lot.

I have a question to consult, because it is very like PMDG737this plug-in, but I saw a IFLY a737NG official video on the Internet, video display when IFLY737windshield rain effect, looking for a long time I can use on the PMDG737NG rain effects plug-ins, but has not found, do not know if there is no suitable for PMDG737NG glass rain effects plug-ins wind with, please help me recommend a.

Thanks a lot.

That iFly rain effect is only available on FS9. Unless they change something after release.

Despite iFly 737 is definitely not a gorgeous as PMDG 737 NGX one thing still remain in favor of iFly, the rain effect.

It was told by PMDG devs that such an effect can't be inserted because they have to cut another effect, well, I would vote to have the rain effect cutting another one, to choose.

Let's hope PMDG thinks again about such a missing, it would be the cherry on the cake.

Despite iFly 737 is definitely not a gorgeous as PMDG 737 NGX one thing still remain in favor of iFly, the rain effect.

It was told by PMDG devs that such an effect can't be inserted because they have to cut another effect, well, I would vote to have the rain effect cutting another one, to choose.

Let's hope PMDG thinks again about such a missing, it would be the cherry on the cake.

As you said pmdg has already said its not going to happen so doesnt matter how many times people keep bringing it up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

WELL IF PEOPLE KEEP BRINGING IT UP...WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU??....ITS A WANTED EFFECT!!..

It can be done in fsx..It is possible.RealAir managed it.

• Like 1

WELL IF PEOPLE KEEP BRINGING IT UP...WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU??....ITS A WANTED EFFECT!!..

It can be done in fsx..It is possible.RealAir managed it.

Wow... You know, it's very rude to scream at people on forums.

It's not a functional effect. It's not that it can't be done, It's that it won't be done. End Of Story. Final Decision.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I feel as if PMDG should sticky a topic at the top of every forum, titled "things we will not do"

1. No wx radar

2. No rain animation in the NGX

3. No folding wings

4. No wingtips for the -600

5. No 757/767

6. No A380

and so on...they could save themselves all the repeated requests and unnecessary duplicate threads.

Well the -600 doesn't have winglets so I don't think I've seen anybody on this forums asking for it. To provide a bit more explanation to the original poster.....

FSX removed the traditional way of rendering rain effects in the VC as a animated texture. This was how it worked in FS9 but for some reason it was removed in FSX. Developers got around this by introducting an animated polygon with a texture on it. The problem is FSX has a limit on animations. So things like flaps, VC switches, throttles and such all take up animations. In the case of the NGX, they modelled the cockpit environment so completely that there was little or no animations 'left' to allow for a rain effect. The J41 is an example of how the rain effect is implemented inFSX on aircraft that hadn't reached this animation limit. The raineffect is not just one single animation either, so you can't just get rid of one thing. It varies by aircraft speed and all those unique animations need to be created. Perhaps with a model not as coex it would have been possible but PMDG is focused on simulating the procedures and operations of the aircraft not just the visual aspects of it.

Hopefully this is a good explanation.

I feel as if PMDG should sticky a topic at the top of every forum, titled "things we will not do"

1. No wx radar

2. No rain animation in the NGX

3. No folding wings

4. No wingtips for the -600

5. No 757/767

6. No A380

and so on...they could save themselves all the repeated requests and unnecessary duplicate threads.

The 'will you's would only be replaced with 'why won't you's

Just fly your NG to Madrid, Barcelona, Almeria or anywhere else around there. As everyone knows, the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain, as opposed to staying mainly on the plane.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The Ifly rain effect is FS9 ONLY.... I have the Ifly FSX version, and flew if until last august.. no rain effect.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB