Sign in to follow this  
baby_fan

PMDG737 windshield rain effects

The thing that is needed is for people to accept the fact that PMDG just is not to do the rain effects. Simple. Continuing the thread to infinity and getting bent out of shape over the decision is just a waste of time and effort.

You guys are beating a dead horse here.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Dlrk(sorry, I'm on an iPad, so can't read your real name),

You'd rather have a few thousand different models (since this is what would be needed if you wanted to make every combination possible on the NGX), which you would have to select before starting FSX(if I read PMDG's post correctly, they have to be selected before starting FSX), eating up quite a few GB, and have your rain effect, than having everything how it is now? Good luck with that ;-)

Whatever the case may be, the decision on whether or not they will include the rain effect is entirely up to PMDG. I'm not aware of how big the options list on the 777 is, but then again, I don't think a lot of simmers knew just how extensive that same list was on the NG (remember, there's a lot of options PMDG didn't include.)

The thing that's really not needed is on the fly switching, I'd be just as happy with it in a config manager

Well and there are many others that would definitely NOT be just as happy, so what now?

That's enough on this topic. We design our products, not certain users here. If you think you can do it better, by all means start a company and do it or feel free to buy another product that meets your demands instead.

If any of you commenting on what we "should have done" knew a thing about the technical specifics of model design in FSX you'd know that there's no other way we could have done most of the NGX's options than the way we did it. Animations are the only way to swap out model parts without having every single combination of options be a separate model. That would very quickly become untenable with the number of separate models required to fill all the permutations of possible options.

On top of this, we're just not fans of external programs and menu applets that remove you from the cockpit and the immersion in order to change an option and we intend to keep that to a bare minimum wherever possible. If we could have installed liveries and swapped low res textures within the sim, we'd have done that too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com