Sign in to follow this  
Guest Emcott

Brighter wing navs

Guest Emcott

If you would like to have a little more visibility with your wing navs, add these to the bottom of your lights section of your Aircraft's CFG. Choose whatever light effect file you want from whatever aircraft or from the effects folder and paste them in. If you have the cardose files already, even better. Keep them as small as possible though. These are Carenado's. Remember, these are just overlays and if you don't like them just erase it. That simple and they look fantastic, at least mine do.

light.5 = 3, -1.30, -23.70, 1.14, fx_navredcardose

light.6 = 3, -1.30, 23.70, 1.14, fx_navgrecardose

Thanks for altering the light files, I like the brighter navs:

2012-5-11_5-57-32-700.jpg

2012-5-11_5-57-39-371.jpg

Guest Emcott

Flighto, not sure exactly what your asking, I have Rex and it had no influence at all on the lighting of this aircraft. As I'm sure you know, the effects are built into the model. The Nav lights are way to anemic during the daytime. Hopefully, Carenado will strengthen the effects in the future. With this mod, you'll see navs during the daytime.

The green light is good - on my plane, the red light is hidden a bit... this seems to work better:

light.5 = 3, -1.20, -23.75, 1.14, fx_navredcardose

light.6 = 3, -1.45, 23.70, 1.14, fx_navgrecardose

I guess my plane is not quite symmetrical..

Bert

I did a night flight today, and the taxi lights wouldn't attract a just released from jail moth... but that is the case with most planes.. At anyrate.. I wish you could turn on the cabin lights independently from the cockpit lights.

May be some one can help me with a clarifying explanation regarding a\c lighting assignments on this and other Carenado a\c cfg. files. I recently purchased the 3D Shockwave Lights and would like to change out the nav, strobe and beacon lights on this aircraft by Carenado. Below is the pasted light parameters from the current a\c cfg. file lights section. I have already done so for the taxi, landing and recognition lights as found earlier in this or another post.

--What does the numerical value "10" stand for? 

--What is the identity of the listed fx_vclightcar, ending in "cnb", "cn2" & "cn2". Any helpful information on identifying these items would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to learn how to install the Shockwave lights. Thanks!

light.2 = 10,  1.20,   0.00,  2.90, fx_vclightcarcnb
light.3 = 10, -4.80,   0.00,  4.00, fx_vclightcarcn2
light.4 = 10, -9.50,   0.00,  3.85, fx_vclightcarcn2

At a guess the cn stands for Cabin, I my stand corrected but doesn't shockwave lights only cover external lighting?

the 10 code is listed below

[lights]

Each light that requires a special effect should be entered in this section. The following table gives the codes for the switches that will turn on the lights.

Code Switch 1 Beacon 2 Strobe 3 Navigation or Position 4 Cockpit 5 Landing 6 Taxi 7 Recognition 8 Wing 9 Logo 10 Cabin

Bruce Martin

Thanks Bruce for your helpful reply. The table you mentioned I believe is the same for Real Air's Turbine and Piston Duke aircraft. I am still learning about the shockwave lights--one guide that I have describes the lights available notes Fx_shockwave_vclight--standard cockpit lighting as well as one for large cockpit lighting.

Raymie

I have to as, which number in the series actually changes the brightness?  Is 1.30 or 23.70 or 1.14 ?

light.5 = 3, -1.30, -23.70, 1.14, fx_navredcardose

light.6 = 3, -1.30, 23.70, 1.14, fx_navgrecardose

None of them. The first one is the definition (nav light) and the other three are the location.