Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

another ezka question

Folks,

I'm trying to get ezka and T.ir to work but no joy. What i have done is I installed ezka normally then I unzipped the beta file found on the other site.Now what happens is that ezka does not start automatically and even if I start it manually it works only partially.For example ML does not work. Track ir doe snot work as well.

Any of you have fool proof instructions to have ezka and track ir work together ? If I can't get them to work I will have to go back to fsx for sure.

Thanks

I have the tool.BUt somehow ezdok only partially works here right with p3d(ML does not work).I can't get TI and Ezdok to interact.(no head tracking)

Mindyerbeak,

In order to start EZCA with P3D, you need to create a exe.xml file in Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

containing

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='Windows-1252'?>
<SimBase.Document Type='Launch' version='1,0'>
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

And as EZCA's config utility doesn't add the necessary camera definitions, you will have to manually edit the aircraft.cfg of each plane you usually fly with and add:

[CameraDefinition.201]
Title=EZdok Aircraft Universal camera
Guid={D8D67955-2E9B-4e75-9D8B-8EFFBBFAC65B}
Description=Universal camera for EZdok cam utility
Origin=Center
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=FALSE
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=FALSE
Track=None
ShowAxis=FALSE
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=0.40
ShowWeather=Yes
InitialXyz=0,0,0
InitialPbh=10, 0, 0
XyzAdjust=TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum
HotKeySelect=4

That should get you flying

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

If Ezca doesn't start with P3D, there is something wrong with the path to EZCA.exe in your exe.xml.

Did you remove the conflicting keyboard and joystick assignments in P3D (same as in FSX such as hat switch, numpad keys,...) ?

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

from what I read in the "FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool" v1.3 Manual (page22) , for EZK / TrakIP to work,you must run P3D

in Legacy mode (whatever that means).

Prepar3D Legacy Mode and EZdok Camera
Due to popular demand, we have implemented support for EZ-
dok Camera Addon from version 1.2 onwards.
When installing, configuring and running EZdok Camera Ad-
don, make sure virtual FSX installation is enabled.
To run Prepar3D with EZdok Camera Addon, navigate to Start
menu Programs list and start Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Pre-
par3D Legacy Mode. Prepar3D will start, faking to EZdok Ca-
mera that it is FSX. Then start EZdok Camera itself.
If you have added EZdok Camera to automatic startup with
the simulator, it will function properly in both normal Prepar3D
and in Legacy Mode, but control panel is available only with
Legacy Mode.
Remarks:
• shortcut is present only when virtual FSX installation is
enabled.
• in version 1.3, there are issues with FSUIPC
registration not recognized in Legacy Mode. We're wor-
king on it.

Any way , you might want and send a support mail to the "FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool" support.

they for sure help you as they made it work with P3D.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

If Ezca doesn't start with P3D, there is something wrong with the path to EZCA.exe in your exe.xml.

It does start with p3d but ML and head tracking (track ir) do not work.

Problem solved.

What I did was this. I uninstalled ezca .Deleted all folders/files/ registry remnants. Rebooted.Reinstalled ezka 1.5 only. no ezka 1.7 or anything and no ezka p3d patch. And it works out of the box like this. Not idea why but it does.

P.S. Paavo's support is quick and efficient. I opened a support ticket a few mins ago and he already got back to me. Mind you it is 4.38 am !

round the clock they work, geee.

but don't forget the Time zone differences, he is from Estonia I believe.

Joel Strikovsky

but don't forget the Time zone differences, he is from Estonia I believe.

Yes.That means it was 5.38am his time.

now I understand why he has not answered me yet on my Support ticket, he is sleeping now b/c you kept him awake Just%20Kidding.gif

Joel Strikovsky

When I installed EZCA to P3D, I just put a shortcut to the EZCA.exe icon on my task bar. When P3D starts I click on EZCA.exe and then I have both EZCA and TrackIR working.

My EZCA configerator also works with P3D with FSX2P3D Migrator running.

My EZCA configerator also works with P3D with FSX2P3D Migrator running.

Hi Robert,

Do you mean you installed EZDOK with the migrator tool and you can use the configurator and it adds the correct aircraft.cfg entries as per Jean-Paul's post above?

You don't have to manually edit each aircraft.cfg file? (although, tbh, I have just been copying the aircraft,cfg files from the FSX ones into the P3d equivalent)

And above, in Akila's post it says that the control panel is only available with P3d in "legacy" mode..Hmm..Do they mean the Studio? If so, I have that working fine using a beta P3d EZDOK executable that Marniftarr posted on the EZDOK forums..It's the configurator I cannot get to work...

best

j

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hi Robert,

Do you mean you installed EZDOK with the migrator tool and you can use the configurator and it adds the correct aircraft.cfg entries as per Jean-Paul's post above?

You don't have to manually edit each aircraft.cfg file? (although, tbh, I have just been copying the aircraft,cfg files from the FSX ones into the P3d equivalent)

And above, in Akila's post it says that the control panel is only available with P3d in "legacy" mode..Hmm..Do they mean the Studio? If so, I have that working fine using a beta P3d EZDOK executable that Marniftarr posted on the EZDOK forums..It's the configurator I cannot get to work...

best

j

Yes Jake, when I installed EZCA using FSX2P3D Migrator Tool, the EZCA configuration program worked just as it does in FSX. That is what FSX2P3D does. It makes the program think it is installing in FSX and the program works just as it would in FSX.

You must run P3D in legacy mode, which is very easy and it is explained in the FSX2P3D manual.

Some programs don't get fooled, like FSUIPC when it is registered. It was aware that it was being installed in P3D and you could see that from the log file, but Paavo is going to get together with Pete Dawson and see if he can get FSUIPC (registered version) to work better with FSX2P3D while it is active.