Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

another ezka question

Hmm..I have EZCA working fine by just editing my exe.xml file and pointing it to the updated P3d EZCA module, but I would like to get the aircraft configurator working, so perhaps I'll just install it using the migrator tool and then replace the exe with the 1.17 P3d beta version...Marniftarr has said that he is unable to get the World-Cam working with P3d as is, so he has said that his version 2 (*wish*) will have "full P3d support"..can't wait!

As for FSUIPC, it is already P3d-aware; that is, it will see you have P3d installed and correctly install itself anyway, without the migrator tool, and more importantly, not in "legacy mode" whatever that is (anything with Legacy in its' name is "old" afaiac LOL)..

I'm more interested in using the tool to install those "awkward" add-ons, but tbh, I'd rather see devs including proper P3d installers, as Virtuali, ORBX and Pete Dowson have done with their products..REX ESS will be fully P3d compatible also..

j

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

have EZCA working fine by just editing my exe.xml file and pointing it to the updated P3d EZCA module,

You don't need to do all that.Read my post #9. It worked for me real easy

As for FSUIPC, it is already P3d-aware; that is, it will see you have P3d installed and correctly install itself anyway, without the migrator tool, and more importantly, not in "legacy mode" whatever that is (anything with Legacy in its' name is "old" afaiac LOL)..

Yes, FSUIPC will install and work on its own in P3D, but if you are using FSX2P3D Migrator also, then the registered version of FSUIPC will not work, you will only get the unregistered version. As long as you shut off the migrator, you will see the registered version of FSUIPC in P3D. Paavo is getting together with Pete Dawson to see if they can solve this problem.

Thanks, Robert..Reading about the tool, it seems you can "turn it off" after doing your business with it (in fact, Paavo says make sure you do!) Similar to the F1 registry tool..I expect if you forget to turn it off, you'll end up with real FSX issues when you next come to run that...I'm not a total "remove FSX and just use P3d'er just yet :smile:

@ MindYerBeak: I really want the latest version of EZCA, not a two version old one! I think Marniftarr fixed a lot of bugs between 1.15 and 1.17 - I can just do what you did, and as I suggested, just replace the 1.15 executable with the one coded to work "properly" with P3d..

I see more devs making P3d installers popping up! FlyingSchoolPro now has a P3d version..Bring it on devs!

j

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hello folks,

NEED some help..........I've read all the "threads" here multiple times. I d/l'd FSX2P3D, installed, kept it enabled - it's located (where the installer put it) in the root of C:, where Prepar3D is located, just like the directions stated.

I d/l'd ECZA from Flight1 and installed it......would not allow me to point to my virtual FSX in root of C: ECZA Installed and the configurator came up.

I then made the .exe file listed above so ECZA would start with P3D.

Here are the errors I'm getting:

1. Ezdok camera add

FSX process not found. FSX_handle: 0

Then multiple error boxes open...here's what most of them say.

2. Access violation at address 006548E4 in module 'ECZA.exe'. Read of address 000002FC

What have I done wrong? I do NOT have a "legacy mode" option in the P3D folder.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

cthiggin

Jean-Paul,

Thanks for the info! I've been flying with trackIR, ezca, and P3d, for a while now.

Have you gotten the EZCA motion effects to work yet?

Chas on Stinkin' Creek

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

In P3D version 1.2 and 1.3 now, the only way for me to get TIR working is with the EZDOK version 1.15 and have to rename Prepar3D.exe to FSX.exe

EZCA Version 1.16 and the P3D Beta version 1.17 are not working at all in my case.

I hope that NaturalPoint will implement P3D in there software very soon because the behavoir of TIR together with EZCA 1.15 is very jerky in my specific environment and a real showstopper.

Happy landings...

I read here that several people have trouble getting to work EZCA with P3D and TrackIR.

On my systems it works without a problem, actually I am very happy with the combination of these products. I use P3D 1.3 academic with TrackIR 5.1 and EZCA 1.17beta.

This is what I did:

Read here at LM's site:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=492

Further:

- To get it working I also had to import/copy the 'exe.xml' file into the appropriate Roaming folder (from FSX to P3D).

- For the external cameras to work you have to manually add the [CameraDefinition.201] section to the aircraft.cfg's because the configure tool of EZDok does not work with P3D yet. You can copy this section from any FSX aircraft.cfg that was updated with the EZDok tool.

After the above steps all worked for me, except the world camera views, which seems to be a problem. But I don't use them anyway.