Sign in to follow this  
corkyo4

Scenery not adding to addon scenery folder

Afternoon all,

It seems that I have a problem with adding addon scenery to FSX. Ordinarily this has worked fine until now.

Upon entering the scenery library, I select the folder and click within the dialog box to add the scenery to the library. This all works fine and the scenery appears in my list of addon scenery.

I click ok to close the scenery library and FSX builds a new scenery database.

I load FSX and the scenery hasnt loaded....I go back to the scenery library and the scenery is now not present in the list, despite successfully adding it previously. So i try again and this time rather than try to load a flight, i go back to the scenery library and the scenery does not appear.

So basically, despite FSX seemingly adding the scenery to the library, it seems that in actual fact it hasnt.

I am aware of the usual problem in adding scenery (clicking OK doesnt work etc.) But i am new to this problem.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

It seems, my scenery CFG file in my users\microsoft\FSX folder had multiple entries of the same scenery some how and this caused the problem, simply deleted all references to it and then tried adding again and it worked.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Guest firehawk44

I am aware of the usual problem in adding scenery (clicking OK doesnt work etc.) But i am new to this problem.

Glad you were able to fix your problem. Never heard of multiple entries of the same scenery in the FSX folder though. There is a bug adding scenery in the Scenery Library with Windows 7. Not sure if that's the OS you have installed though. There's a fix pinned in the Windows 7 forum that fixes this bug.

Best regards,

Jim