Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Real 737NG typerating -what do you practice?

Hi

I've got a question for all real life pilots out there. What failures do you practice in the simulator?

Are those only engine failures or which other situations are trained?

I'm just curious because I'm also practicing flying with my NGX now and I want to know which situations I have to go through.

Thanks Emi

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I don't typically practice failures. The only road-bump that I have ever had was when one of my electric hydraulic pumps overheated.

Besides that, I have never had any service based failure.

First is leaning the flows and the FMC. Next is some hand flying and learning the MCP. Once you've gotten the basics, it's mostly failures. Engine fires/failures on Takeoff is the big thing. Hydraulics flight control malfunctions are also high on the list. Throw in some stalls and steep turns and a visual with a strong crosswind and those are the basics.

Matt Cee

Basically all the appropriate sections of this. This is a free publication by the FAA. You can find in on the FAA website too.