Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

Best Airport addons (PAYWARE & FREEWARE)

I want to start getting some new airport addons so let me know whats the best out there. thanks!

FSDreamTeam KLAX is the best scenery I have ever used IMO. - Just be sure to turn down your Anti-Aliasing settings! :biggrin:

ImagineSim also makes some nice stuff. ORBX is great if you like to fly low and slow.

What part of the world are you looking for? You looking for big international airports for flying jets out of or small airfields for GA?

FSDreamteam

Flytampa

FlightBeam

ORBX (great for general aviation, but requires you to purchase the scenery where the airport is located within)

Overland (good Japanese airports)

UK2000

Aerosoft

BIg & small airports. Just all the ones that look amazing and realistic!

UK2000 Xtreme airports for (funnily enough) the UK. Aerosoft and FSDreamTeam for Europe. FlyTampa and things like German Airports for other European airports, though these are re-sold under the Aerosoft Mega-Airport banner. Not got anything outside of Europe, though am very tempted by FlyTampa's Kai Tak.

> Ray Smith (in the Avsim Library) for a long, long list of very well done default civilian airport upgrades. He's been doing it for years and is still going, and he often further upgrades airports he's done previously. Many of his releases are at, or near, payware quality while using only default Acceleration objects.

> Jim Cook (also in the Library) for a long list - though not as long as Ray's - of default military airports. He mainly just adds parking and does some small upgrades to the military airfields in FSX, but it's still very handy in case you're using military AI traffic in the sim.

> Alpha India Group (Yup. In the Library). These guys are good! Payware quality airport upgrades for free. They police the standards of the work before it's uploaded, and they have very high standards, indeed. Very accurate and detailed work, they don't disappoint.

Between these three, I never really had a need to bother with payware airports in FSX (I used a lot of payware in fs9). For Smith's and AIG's work, and some of Cook's, you'll need Acceleration installed to see the full benefit.

> Ray Smith (in the Avsim Library) for a long, long list of very well done default civilian airport upgrades. He's been doing it for years and is still going, and he often further upgrades airports he's done previously. Many of his releases are at, or near, payware quality while using only default Acceleration objects.

> Jim Cook (also in the Library) for a long list - though not as long as Ray's - of default military airports. He mainly just adds parking and does some small upgrades to the military airfields in FSX, but it's still very handy in case you're using military AI traffic in the sim.

> Alpha India Group (Yup. In the Library). These guys are good! Payware quality airport upgrades for free. They police the standards of the work before it's uploaded, and they have very high standards, indeed. Very accurate and detailed work, they don't disappoint.

Between these three, I never really had a need to bother with payware airports in FSX (I used a lot of payware in fs9). For Smith's and AIG's work, and some of Cook's, you'll need Acceleration installed to see the full benefit.

Are you really going to compare an afcad file and some default additions with addon scenery from FSDreamteam, Orbx, Imaginesim, Flytampa, etc? Wow...

FSDreamTeam KLAX is the best scenery I have ever used IMO. - Just be sure to turn down your Anti-Aliasing settings! :biggrin:

ImagineSim also makes some nice stuff. ORBX is great if you like to fly low and slow.

when you say turn down your anti-aliasing, do you mean uncheck the antialiasing box?

My latest addition is Latin VFR's Toncontin. Not the best eye candy around, but a very challenging approach to runway 02 for airliners.

Regards,

PD