Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Heads up for nvidia users

If you have not been to the Hardware/Video card forum for a while,

go and check out the first pinned post..

The combination of:

- 301.24 Nvidia drivers

- 1.9.6. Nvidia Inspector with Vsync set to 1/2 of monitor refresh rate

- FSX locked at 30 fps in the sim

- and a standard 60 Hz monitor refresh rate,

makes for a really smooooth simming experience!

Add your favorite AA mode (mine is 8XSQ) and AF mode (16X), and FSX

looks better than ever!

One less reason to power up "Flight" now that FSX behaves this well

on my system.. :good:

Bert

Nice one Bert... Thatsa where im heading!

Chris Howard

I recently upgraded from a quad-core 9550 to a i5 2500K - based system along with a 570GTX videocard, and while I was impressed with the performance, it wasn't what I hoped...even after scaling down AI traffic, cars, and autogen. And this was after a substantial overclock of the Sandybridge CPU to 4.5 and running the FSX.cfg through the adjustments via http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlIt%27s

Word Not Allowed's post ( http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=370594 ), as Bert states, made a dramatic difference, and I'm now seeing a much smoother FSX experience. I'm very pleased.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

The combination of:

- 301.24 Nvidia drivers

- 1.9.6. Nvidia Inspector with Vsync set to 1/2 of monitor refresh rate

- FSX locked at 30 fps in the sim

- and a standard 60 Hz monitor refresh rate,

I agree. It is THE tweak for a smooth and stutterless FSX. Everyone with an Nvidia GPU should give it a try.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Would that also work with a gtx 480 card, or is it just the newer 580 and 680 card`s ?

Jen

I am on a GTX460 and it works.

Bert

It works for every Nvidia card and it works in full screen only, as vsync in windowed is generally broken.

I tried this but for some reason I kept getting jagged lines on my NGX, and carenado aircraft, along with an extremely annoying slowdown when I looked at a big set of clouds with REX textures, I rolled back the driver to the 285 drivers and it's back to running well. Any suggestions?

Does this work for FS9? :)

Well, I don't see why not!

I have stutters on approach to FSDT airports and in heavy 2048 clouds I see some stutters.

Does this require a higher overclock? Before I would get micro stutters, now stutters are much more apparent.

supporter.jpg

I think Word Not Allowed already has a topic on this in the hardware forums.

I have stutters on approach to FSDT airports and in heavy 2048 clouds I see some stutters.

Does this require a higher overclock? Before I would get micro stutters, now stutters are much more apparent.

Turn your Anti-Pop Up slider up in FSDT's Addon Manager that way it will load the scenery items farther out reducing the stutters when on approach. The max value you can set it to is 30, but if you have a strong rig you should be able to handle that setting with no problem.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator