Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Heads up for nvidia users

I have stutters on approach to FSDT airports and in heavy 2048 clouds I see some stutters.

Does this require a higher overclock? Before I would get micro stutters, now stutters are much more apparent.

Add this at the top of your cfg:

[FSDREAMTEAM]

AntiPopUp=30

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Gave it a shot and did a flight from FSDT KLAX to KPHX with the NGX, FS2Crew, AS2012, UTX, GEX, MegaScenery Phoenix, and UsePools=0 without one hiccup, flash, or pause. So far so good. Thanks for the advice.

I agree that this does work well. However, those with TH2GO setups ( like me ) are possibly using a refresh rate of 59.xx This caused me to put the setting at 1/4 refresh rate because when I tried 1/2, FSX was only displayed on one screen.

If you have not been to the Hardware/Video card forum for a while,

go and check out the first pinned post..

The combination of:

- 301.24 Nvidia drivers

The newest driver version for my gts 250 is "296.10". Does that mean I cannot use this method?

It works for every Nvidia card and it works in full screen only, as vsync in windowed is generally broken.

Sorry, but what does it mean " works in full screen only"? (Sorry, it sounds a stupid question...but I presume that in Window mode - that I just use when flying in IVAO - the benefits are marginal)

Edmundo Azevedo

Sorry, but what does it mean " works in full screen only"? (Sorry, it sounds a stupid question...but I presume that in Window mode - that I just use when flying in IVAO - the benefits are marginal)

Huh? I am sorry, but I don't understand your question.

Full screen is opposite of windowed.

Vsync fix does not work in windowed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OK folks I tried out the new drivers 301.24 and the settings proposed by Word Not Allowed and tried them in full screen mode (and as well windowed).

I have a GTX 260 GeForce Video Card...1.7Mb.

My experience was terrible. Here is some of what I encountered. Flashing textures in the river, unbelieveable slow FSX loading, like 20+ minutes...stalling on 6% and 44% mark, weird effects once, where none of my trees loaded...and when switching views from VC to external and back again I got a greyed out cockpit and blurries...also got ground blurries and my fps were showing 28-30. I tied my monitor at 120 Hz and again at 60 Hz with the 1/2 vsync settings.

I have just removed these drivers and put back my 296.10 and everything is back as it should and running smoothly, with no Vsync, frameslocked with inspector at 30 and leaving them as unlimited in the sim. My monitor I returned to 120 Hz refresh rate.

The one thing I am seeing is flashing and tearing of my scenery with the 296.10 likely the userpools=0 issue and I was not getting that with the 301.24. But my sim is totally fluid again.

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Realistically these drivers are optimized for newer cards (as usual when new drivers are released) - I'm not surprised something bad happened...

I'm a die hard windowed mode user so I'll stick with the external limiter for now...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I went to the nvidia site to download the new drivers and was basically told by the text that my 460GTX /1GB will not handle the 3xx series drivers and to stick with the 29x drivers.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

My experience was terrible.

This is more for the 570 and larger cards. Even when I had to use a 570 while my 580 was RMA I noticed a degrade in performance compare to Bujotes tweaks. Once I went back to the 580 and went with the Word Not Allowed's and new driver it was all good again! I believe that is stated in the outline. ( very much so in heavy clouds). IMO if using less than a 570 I would stay with Bujotes tweaks, Ryans Nvidia Inspector settings/no Vsync for peformance.

Turn your Anti-Pop Up slider up in FSDT's Addon Manager that way it will load the scenery items farther out reducing the stutters when on approach. The max value you can set it to is 30, but if you have a strong rig you should be able to handle that setting with no problem.

yep, that worked. Thanks!

supporter.jpg