Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

The Next Picky Test :-)

The things we do while waiting for Alaska....

Well, back in the old MSFS X, 9, 8.... there was that irritating bug with the turn coordinator... Not all airplanes could perform a standard rate turn in the expected 2 minutes, and for some models there was quite a huge deviation, showing either a wrongly tweaked airfile, were stability derivates and moment coeficients were fed with the wrong numbers (normaly to account for other aspects that MSFS had difficulty in replicating...) or a problem with the code of the gaugue itself.

More than often a (perfectly coordinated) 2' turn, would take sometimes just 1'30'', other 2'20'', etc...

I forgot to test on FLIGHT... That's what I am going to do tonight, if I find the time to spend on it, and report back in this thread. Of course I will only be able to do it in the Maule, Stearman and RV6... :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ok, gave it a try using the Maule and the RV6, because the Icon hasn't a standard rate turn indicator and the marks in the Stearman aren't visible.

Both the RV and the Maule perform very close to the numbers :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Ok, gave it a try using the Maule and the RV6, because the Icon hasn't a standard rate turn indicator and the marks in the Stearman aren't visible.

Both the RV and the Maule perform very close to the numbers :-)

LOL Well, you finally found something positive when it comes to simulating things... :wink:

Not only this Jeroen, as a mater of fact the feeling of the aircraft overall is a great improvement from previous versions...weather, etc...

Of course I believe that things like ILS placement where apparently the GS and the LOC are still co-located like in previous versions, and rather differently from RL, are certainly implemented the same way, thus making it impossible to perform a "full"/"coupled" ILS approach, but we can all live with that :-)

Overall in many aspects FLIGHT is an improvement over FSX, FS9, etc,,,

Main Simulation Rig:

if I find the time to spend on it

my problem - haven't had time to spend on it!

want to say thanks - you're keeping a positive flow of ideas and thoughts going in this forum - it seems to have slowed down a bit as we wait for Alaska...

and a helicopter...

and a sailplane for you!

Strangely enough, while I have a hard time getting the RV-6 into a good spin, I can make the "anti-spin" Icon spin like a mad dog. :Thinking:

Actualy newthog, I am enjoying FLIGHT even more now that I have started to try those tricky Hilo-like circuits..... ;-) An YES I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE BOTH AN HELO and A GLIDER :-))))))

Main Simulation Rig:

You laugh, Ray, but I have always wanted an ornithopter! Some day when I have the time, I shall make a reproduction of the first Da Vinci model:

For Flight Simulator, of course. :LMAO: And also the great Paul MacCready's flying Pterosaur. the Quetzalcoatlus:

I actually have a pretty complete model of a Pterosaur in my gMax collection, just needs some "skins" and a flight model.

And I am sure I am not the only one who remembers these classic airplanes that never flew but were great!

I just can't understand why the guys at Microsoft insist on making Stearmans and Cessnas when they could make some of these wonderful flying machines instead. Just%20Kidding.gif

Best regards.

Luis

I just can't understand why the guys at Microsoft insist on making Stearmans and Cessnas when they could make some of these wonderful flying machines instead.

OMG... can't wait for the upcoming DLCs... You just gave them the ideas.... ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

LuisFelizTirado, on 12 May 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

I just can't understand why the guys at Microsoft insist on making Stearmans and Cessnas when they could make some of these wonderful flying machines instead.

OMG... can't wait for the upcoming DLCs... You just gave them the ideas.... ;-)

And, of course, they would be cockpitless (those flying machines don't have much of a cockpit anyways!!)

Helis powered by STEAM....... :Just Kidding:

We're descending... Stoke! STOKE!