Sign in to follow this  
AliB

Capt. Dennis E. Fitch, RIP

I watched with horror the short video clip back in july 1989, when United Flight 232 crash-landed in Sioux City, Iowa.

Later I learned about the unparalleled heroism the crew performed, and in combination with luck, fate or God, you name it, a total disaster was avoided.

Yes, 111 souls perished, but 184 were saved, thanks to the outstanding heroic efforts of the pilots, crew, and Dennis E. Fitch.

https://governor.iowa.gov/2012/05/governor-branstad-issues-statement-on-the-passing-of-dennis-e-fitch/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_E._Fitch

Dennis E. Fitch died on May 7th, 2012.

Rest in Peace You outstanding, professional, warmhearted, humble Soul.

http://web.me.com/brianfitch/Denny_Fitch_Sr/Welcome.html

I was very sad to learn that Denny had left us, he was one of the finest men ever to have strapped on a jet, and the world is a lesser place when we lose someone of his calibre. But if ever there was someone who deserves to be up there with a set of wings that nobody can take away from you, then it is him.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The final part of this brought a few tears to my eyes!

Truly magnificent what he did!!

God Bless him and may he rest in peace!!

Ciarán

May he rest in peace.. Wow, only 69 years old.. He did a great thing, without him more lives may have been lost that day..

spacer.png

I seen him on the Mayday episode recently, he was choked up in the interview after speaking about his efforts and the end result. He seemed truely heartbroken the crews efforts did not save everyone. RIP Captain..

Flight 232 originated in Denver, and flew out of the old Stapleton International Airport on its way to Chicago.

What the flight crew (including Denny Fitch) was able to accomplish with that crippled airliner was truly incredible

and will always be considered one of the most heroic feats in Aviation History.

Rest In Peace, Captain Fitch; you have truly earned it, dear Sir.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg