Sign in to follow this  
KeithyGeorge

Phantom light? Any ideas how to turn it off

HI

I love flying at night with flight deck lights off and just the lights that show instruments and switches etc on.

However lately it seems at night I am somehow getting a flood light that comes on that is lighting up the whole flight deck and I can not work out how to turn it off during flight.

It is not always on when I start but some how during the fight it comes on, often when switching views.

I have tried the following...

Switch pilot control lights in FSX settings to on

Switching the flood off / on on the the overhead panel.

Switching all other know light swtiches off and on to see if it makes any difference

Switching the map lights on and off

Switch all the panel lights on and off , ie the ones that light the instruments and the ones that flood light.

But still the cockpit is lit up by something, it is weird I know but it stops me from getting a dark cockpit with just the instruments and switches being lit up. Instead all the panels seem flood light, not majorly lit but enough to make it seem their is a light on somewhere.

Amyway if anyone has an idea that would be great.

Keithy George

Maybe the emergency exit lights? Have you tried to turn them off already?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

If aircraft is fully powered, it is sufficient to just close the emergency exit switch guard, this will set the lights to ARMED. In ARMED position the lights will come on if main AC power is lost.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Yeah I know the light, bugs the hell out of me too, it's the round white light as you look over the right shoulder from the skippers seat, about 4 o'clock just next to the cabin door ... Just seems to switch on for some reason and won't go out ... Any ideas how to switch off ?

I had that happened once when I inadvertently pressed L... couldnt turn it off even by pressing L again multiple times...

Hi,

this light can be switched by a switch on the overhead panel..approximately at the middle.

Could be the smoke system. I mean the assignment in FSX for "Smoke System ON-OFF"

Default key "I" for India

Did you guys bother to read? He switched the dome light off (only he called it flood). So did I. No help.

I have seen this when flying from day to night, Have always figured it was FSX dawn dusk smoothing causing this, as it does not occur starting the flight at night.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Did you guys bother to read? He switched the dome light off (only he called it flood). So did I. No help.

Did you try the smoke system thing, pressing "i" ?

Not that, not yet anyways... Response was to guys advising to switch off Dome light, not to this suggestion.

Not that, not yet anyways... Response was to guys advising to switch off Dome light, not to this suggestion.

Ok, just curious. I actually use that one instead of the dome light sometimes. I like it for a change every now and then, and the lighting in the cockpit is visible in spot view unlike the overhead dome light

Inside the same lenses of the DOME LIGHTS there is a bulb for the emergency lights wich will turn on if emergency lights are ON or ARMED and aircraft is not fully powered.

As I wrote before, check this switch and its guard.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Andrea, in my case, emergency lights might have been somehow inadvertently powered on, but could not be turned off, I tried.