Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Serious question about FSX and its stability.

Stable impression. No CTDs since Pete's FSUIPC fix and very few before that. I could raise some oom scenarios with Concorde X and NGX, but that's a thing of running higher settings and a ton of addons. Anything below that margin will be stable. So I'm only seeing the limits of that 32bit application and the addon collection of some six years.

Its hard to wade thru all the chaff for the wheat when asking for opinions about this flight sim or that.

Understanding that ones hardware plays a big if not bigger role in just how stable a particular FS may or may not be.

But, I'd like opinions about how stable FSX has been or hasn't been for you.

Please be truthful.

I'm curious about those who fly long haul trips, say PMDG 747 or MD11 on legs like NYC to London, or Paris to Tokyo.... those types of trips.

How stable is FS over long periods of time, while using an add on like PMDG and perhaps a WX program ilk AS2012.

I personally fly general aviation planes, using AS2012 and REX. Most of my trips are less than 2 hours and so far (knock on wood) I've not seen any sim issues.

Whats been your experience?

Well.. I would like to say that it's stable for me, but can't really do that. I made a short regional flight this evening and the first two attempts ended in CTD. Third attempt succeded. I never dare to make any longer flights due to the fear of CTD midflight. The most common crash happens while clicking in menus, however freezes and the like can occur spontaneously also.

FSX/acceleration.

PMDG 737/747

Rex/fs2crew

Some orbx scenery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I'm rock stable as well. If you need validation, very few of us have long term issues.There are a few gurus-you must listen to them...

Bojote

NickN

now Word Not Allowed has done all of the compiling and testing...

supporter.jpg

Sounds like the uiautomationcore.dll thingy, Richard.

Yes, you are probably right concerning the menu-crashes.. But does it explain the spontaneous crashes also?

Seems it has gotten worse, though. I might have to put some effort into this... :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12