Sign in to follow this  
molleh

Commercial airliner recommendations

Thanks for your input. I just watched this Youtube video of the Level D and I think I'm sold

Oh yeah, Same here. Looks like candy. I need a good 767, I assume this is the best one?

Mobo/CPU: MSI Z490-A PRO - Intel Core i7-11700K (8 cores - 16 Threads) @5Ghz (CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S)

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600XT 6Gb GDDR6

RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Mhz CL16

Storage: Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 500Gb & addlink 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2

PSU: EVGA 750BQ 80+ Bronze 750W

A third recommendation for the B377 with COTS... a very interesting airplane with feedback that gives you incentive to keep improving your performance - something that is missing in the NGX unless you incorporate additional addons.

Your reasoning IS weird. Thats like saying Hey I won the lottery but I only want 10% of the winnings. Just get the damn thing. Dont live with regrets!

First you say this...

First thing to say is I don't want to get the PMDG NGX.

Then you say this:

Really my #1 concern is a good, useable virtual cockpit that has full functionality when compared with the 2D cockpit.

Kind of makes me wonder. :smile:

But: if an NGX is a no-go now, for whatever weird reason :smile:, get a LevelD, of all the addons you counted, it's a very good one, only havinga bit dated graphics (VC), but 2D panel is very good and you can get Mcphat textures for external model which look :Shocked: !

A third recommendation for the B377 with COTS... a very interesting airplane with feedback that gives you incentive to keep improving your performance - something that is missing in the NGX unless you incorporate additional addons.

And a fourth. In my mind the most (only?) entertaining airliner available for FSX today.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I just got a refund on the LDS 767...I found it to be very hyped and oversold. The VC texture upgrade doesn't do much for it either truth be told. I for the life of me can't figure out what people see in it. I'm sure it was great for FS9 but it doesn't belong in FSX anymore.

The aircraft is from a one and done dev and needs to die off so something better can take its place.

I'm sure to catch hell for this opinion but too bad, it needed to be said. We need to stop acting like it's so special because frankly, at this point in time it is NOT. It's best days are behind it but they keep milking it anyway when it should be either steeply discounted or even freeware now...

I for the life of me can't figure out what people see in it

Hello

Then buy the CS 767, you will understand then.

I just got a refund on the LDS 767...I found it to be very hyped and oversold. The VC texture upgrade doesn't do much for it either truth be told. I for the life of me can't figure out what people see in it. I'm sure it was great for FS9 but it doesn't belong in FSX anymore.

The aircraft is from a one and done dev and needs to die off so something better can take its place.

I'm sure to catch hell for this opinion but too bad, it needed to be said. We need to stop acting like it's so special because frankly, at this point in time it is NOT. It's best days are behind it but they keep milking it anyway when it should be either steeply discounted or even freeware now...

The major plus point of it is the simulation of the Pegasus; you are right in saying that it is long in the tooth where most other things are concerned, but that systems simulation still makes it one of the better aircraft you can get for FSX if you value being able to simulate airliner operations to a high level of fidelity.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I just got a refund on the LDS 767...I found it to be very hyped and oversold.

Maybe, but we're specifically recommending this because the OP doesn't want NGX (I don't judge lol)

The NGX is lightyears ahead of the LevelD offering but for obvious reasons...

There's no better 767 than the LevelD in terms of all around performance/systems etc...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |