Sign in to follow this  
Ashatsea

Boeing Post Delivery Procedures

Is it true that most airlines choose not to have Boeing install the cabin interior, seating, IFE, & etc at the plant? If that is the case I want to plan a realistic delivery for UAL/COA and BAW from KPAE. Where do the aircraft get dropped off for the cabin install? Do the airlines do it in house at there maintenance facilities or sub-contract it out to another company in the Pacific Northwest. IRL is it safe to assume that an aircraft leaving KPAE doesn't land at it's hub and go straight into revenue flights within the week? The acceptance procedures and checklist are here if you interested in doing an acceptance flight when the T7 is released. http://www.caa.govt.nz/aircraft/Type_Acceptance_Reps/Boeing_777.pdf

Is it true that most airlines choose not to have Boeing install the cabin interior, seating, IFE, & etc at the plant? If that is the case I want to plan a realistic delivery for UAL/COA and BAW from KPAE. Where do the aircraft get dropped off for the cabin install? Do the airlines do it in house at there maintenance facilities or sub-contract it out to another company in the Pacific Northwest. IRL is it safe to assume that an aircraft leaving KPAE doesn't land at it's hub and go straight into revenue flights within the week? The acceptance procedures and checklist are here if you interested in doing an acceptance flight when the T7 is released. http://www.caa.govt..../Boeing_777.pdf

I thought that airlines fly their planes from KPAE to a hub then right into service. I can't see a $300 million T7 go from Boeing for fitting out at a hub.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Not sure on other Airlines but I know British Airways fly them too Cardiff I believe to get Cabin's fitted.

I know Ryanair fly their 737's without interior straight to Dublin, and then within 24hrs they're in commercial service....

Capt. Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

and then within 24hrs they're in commercial service....

Capt. Rónán O Cadhain.

That's REALLY fast isn't it?

That's REALLY fast isn't it?

It's Ryanair, there might be a seat or two missing on it's first flight :LMAO:

It's Ryanair, there might be a seat or two missing on it's first flight :LMAO:

More room to stand and more money for the execs.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Seems like BA got their jet fitted at the Boeing factory.

[media=]

[/media]

Nope, sorry, if that's the official BA video, it does say "we will not be using these seats" and if you look at some other 77W's PTQ, they are all the same seats, from what i can remember, those seast were for one airline, and they mainly use the same footage of 777's PTQ until the paintshop, or, they are for the "customers" (exec's etc) so they can ride back on somthing, for safety...

Plus they are not BA's "style" ;)

Nope, sorry, if that's the official BA video, it does say "we will not be using these seats" and if you look at some other 77W's PTQ, they are all the same seats, from what i can remember, those seast were for one airline, and they mainly use the same footage of 777's PTQ until the paintshop, or, they are for the "customers" (exec's etc) so they can ride back on somthing, for safety...

British Airways fits all cabins in Cardiff, they fly them from Boeing with a few of Boeing's seats as quite a few people from BA fly with it to Cardiff. Once it's in Cardiff it gets stripped and new cabin gets fitted. Exactly where the 772's and 763's getting their new cabins fit.

British Airways fits all cabins in Cardiff

Not entirely true......

Take a look here (http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/flights/british-airways-777-300er-delivery-flight/) for a report of a recent BA delivery flight. The World Traveller (Economy) and World Traveller Plus (Economy plus) get fitted at Boeing, but the Club World (Business) and First seats get done at Cardiff.

Not entirely true......

Take a look here (http://blog.continen...elivery-flight/) for a report of a recent BA delivery flight. The World Traveller (Economy) and World Traveller Plus (Economy plus) get fitted at Boeing, but the Club World (Business) and First seats get done at Cardiff.

Ah must of just been G-STBA then. Thanks for the blog link!

Well you learn something new everyday and I wonder where AA does their interiors, DFW or the MX base at TUL?