Sign in to follow this  
Reason

An Aeroflot Flight Attendant was fired after laughing at Sukhoi S100 crash

Ekaterina Solovyeva was fired after laughing at the accident (posted on twitter). She said the jet was not a good one to fly. Of course, she didn't experience it herself nor one of her family members was on the plane. The airline where she used to work for operates 6 SSJ's if Im not mistaken. It is not a proper way to express an opinion, especially there were 8 Russian fatalities onboard.

Being sacked treats her just right.

http://in.news.yahoo...-054212069.html

http://www.dailymail...e.html?ITO=1490

Given the importance of the SSJ's success to the continuing growth of the Russian economy, I suspect some of Mr Putin's people will be paying her a visit. :Hypnotized:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Is it going to be a case of vodka on the Volga or Vladivostok for her, I wonder, somewhere in a gulag to forget her aberration?

Well to be brutally honest, if she does end up getting a hard time because of it, then I've very little sympathy for her. A person has got to be either very stupid or very callous, and probably both, to post a comment of the kind which she did, and the aviation industry can well do without people like that. One thing's for sure, she'll most likely never get another job with another airline after having written that comment. Personally, I wouldn't give her a job sweeping the streets after having read it, she's a disgrace to humanity.

Al

Alan Bradbury

This is just a lack of professionalism from what it seems like a bit of a disgruntled employee. I think every company in the world has their share of these type of employees. Not the first or the last time someone tweeted something bad about their employer.

Matthew Kane

Well to be brutally honest, if she does end up getting a hard time because of it, then I've very little sympathy for her. A person has got to be either very stupid or very callous, and probably both, to post a comment of the kind which she did, and the aviation industry can well do without people like that. One thing's for sure, she'll most likely never get another job with another airline after having written that comment. Personally, I wouldn't give her a job sweeping the streets after having read it, she's a disgrace to humanity.

Al

Stupidity isn't a crime though...

And yes, her comments were thoughtless and exceptionally inappropriate, but I don't believe that being thoughtless and inappropriate in ones own time should necessarily lead to being fired. We have all made daft, off-the-cuff comments which we later regret...

I also think "disgrace to humanity" is rather hyperbolic! If that is really a suitable label for her actions, what language would one be left with to apply to genuine evil?

Cheers

Anyone who would write 'HAHAHA' when referring to a crash where many people died is indeed a disgrace to humanity, because it shows a complete lack of what anyone with any decency knows is the best human quality - empathy for others. It wasn't a slip of the tongue, or a millisecond's thoughtlessness, she heard the news, fired up a computer, logged on to a social network site, typed that out and posted it for anyone to see - including the relatives of those who might have been in the crash should they have chanced upon it. And since it is likely that anyone in that circumstance would probably do a search in desperation for any news that might give them hope, it is entirely possible that they could have found that comment. So that level of thoughtlessness is indeed disgraceful behaviour.

Al

Alan Bradbury

...and I completely understand where you are coming from Al - empathy in action!

That said, I still think the chances are good that it was a comment born of idiocy rather than true malice - I find it hard to believe she was genuinely mocking the death of 50 odd people.

Many times in my life I have witnessed basically decent people say and do ridiculous things for a wide range of reasons...and most of them wouldn't have deserved to be pilloried for those rash and thoughtless acts IMHO.

Besides, if everyone was fired for being a thoughtless jerk on occasion, we would all be back to living in caves in no time.

Many times in my life I have witnessed basically decent people say and do ridiculous things for a wide range of reasons...and most of them wouldn't have deserved to be pilloried for those rash and thoughtless acts IMHO.

Besides, if everyone was fired for being a thoughtless jerk on occasion, we would all be back to living in caves in no time.

Not long ago we had an Air New Zealand crew member fired because she wanted to look at an Emirates 777-300. She tried to board the aircraft without permission and got lippy when they asked her what she was doing there

She was with Air New Zealand for 26 years and was fired as this was a security breach and caused the Emirates flight to be delayed by 36 minutes. When asked why she did it she said "Curiosity, do you know how to spell it?"

Bad attitude in my POV.

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10779823

Jet Blue also had that guy that pulled the emergency escape and took a beer after telling a passenger off. His was the best departure from an airline ever :LMAO:

Matthew Kane

Not long ago we had an Air New Zealand crew member fired because she wanted to look at an Emirates 777-300. She tried to board the aircraft without permission and got lippy when they asked her what she was doing there

She was with Air New Zealand for 26 years and was fired as this was a security breach and caused the Emirates flight to be delayed by 36 minutes. When asked why she did it she said "Curiosity, do you know how to spell it?"

Bad attitude in my POV

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10779823

Interesting - I hadn't heard of this one...

Yeah I agree - stinky attitude, though the security implications of this one give it a different slant IMHO.

Wise words mate, I agree with you.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Making such childish statement is no brainer.

She is young and foolish, but that doesn't mean she could just delete her tweet and ask apologize. I understand that some people think firing her is a bit too much, but don't we all learn the hardest way sometimes?

And that kind of person is actually the one who may make us live in a "darker" place than a cave

When someone does something this foolish, they display characteristics that one does NOT want in a flight attendant. It calls into question her ability to respond properly in an emergency situation.

When someone does something this foolish, they display characteristics that one does NOT want in a flight attendant. It calls into question her ability to respond properly in an emergency situation.

I agree with this. I don't see this as being a mistake she made as I agree it is more a reflection of the type of person she is.

I know a few people that work at United Airlines including my sister-in-law. I am always impressed by the culture of it's employees, so much so that even talking about air accidents was enough to upset my Sister-In-Law and her friends. Remember this company lost 2 aircraft on September 11 as well as other accidents over the years. So making jokes about airline crashes would really upset them as they know people killed in these incidents.

This flight attendent to make comments and tweet comments regarding an accident would most certainly upset other Aeroflot colleagues as well, to the point that she should be removed from the airline. I beleive any other airline in the world would have done the same. If this happened at United my Sister-in law would absolutely not tolerate behaviour like that.

This would make a lot of people very angry, upset, and difficult for them to work with her, as well a difficult place for her to work. This is because Airlines are a culture.

Matthew Kane