Sign in to follow this  
ega

KingAir C90A/B systems manual

I had trouble getting a download from that site and when I was successful it was in Russian. Anyone else experience that? I found what was for me a more convenient link at:

http://www.warmkesse...ir/C90ABPV2.pdf

It is quite some manual!

I am finding some interesting exceptions between the Carenado model and the specs provided from various sources. For instance the white Vfe arc on the Airspeed Indicator ends just below 150 knots. Have not noted if this arc adjusts for altitude, but the indications I find for Vfe for the C90A/B is more like 180 knots. Also, I am still researching fuel burn and range specs, but this Carenado model appears to be unrealistically fuel efficient. I am burning 25-30% less fuel at FL200 than the flight planning specs for the C90 at FltPlan.com. The result is what appears to be an unrealistic range.

-FP

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Published specs are just like cars... Your milage may vary. This is true for real planes as it is with sim ones. Two King Airs of the same model/year will even be different. For 4 million dollars, customers tend to spec their planes to their liking. If Carenado could include the manuals to the specific plane they modeled, then you'd have (more or less... LOL) accurate specs.

Well, pacrticular on these manuals I love these great long general explanations of Fuelvent-heaters, betareverse, ENG-Anti-Ice etc. and all that stuff!#

For the Checklists I stay with Carenado´s / Yoda´s to keep pace with the sim.

I am finding some interesting exceptions between the Carenado model and the specs provided from various sources. For instance the white Vfe arc on the Airspeed Indicator ends just below 150 knots. Have not noted if this arc adjusts for altitude, but the indications I find for Vfe for the C90A/B is more like 180 knots.

FP - If I recall correctly:

• VLE (landing gear) and VF (flap extension - approach flaps in this case) should be 182 and 184 knots respectively and are indicated by the white diamond on the airspeed indicator
  • VFE for full flaps is the white arc you mention

(though, we might be talking about different things here) :)

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

VFE for full flaps is the white arc you mention

Ah!! I thought the white arc was for first notch of flaps. My bad! I'll revisit the flaps horn. I thought I received it in the 170 or so knots range, which is likely why I focused on the white.

-FP

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Published specs are just like cars... Your milage may vary. This is true for real planes as it is with sim ones. Two King Airs of the same model/year will even be different.

I agree somewhat, but 25-30% would be a good bit more than normal variance. In follow-up I did find a credible site last night that discussed fuel burn specs at a number of altitudes and those numbers appear to be much closer to the Carenado burn metrics. The article also has some other interesting operation and performance hints. You can find it at: http://www.aopa.org/pilot/features/2003/feat0305.html

The numbers in the FltPlan.com table I mentioned were likely user created. The pilot who created it may have built reserve into the numbers, though that seems unorthodox in regard to planning.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I had trouble getting a download from that site and when I was successful it was in Russian. Anyone else experience that? I found what was for me a more convenient link at:

http://www.warmkesse...ir/C90ABPV2.pdf

It is quite some manual!

I am finding some interesting exceptions between the Carenado model and the specs provided from various sources. For instance the white Vfe arc on the Airspeed Indicator ends just below 150 knots. Have not noted if this arc adjusts for altitude, but the indications I find for Vfe for the C90A/B is more like 180 knots. Also, I am still researching fuel burn and range specs, but this Carenado model appears to be unrealistically fuel efficient. I am burning 25-30% less fuel at FL200 than the flight planning specs for the C90 at FltPlan.com. The result is what appears to be an unrealistic range.

-FP

The white arc is for full flaps setting (148 kts max).....if you look at the airspeed indicator there should be a small triangle at 184 kts which is the max speed for approach flaps extension. Up high the Be90 is pretty reasonable on fuel burn thus range is pretty decent. Last year I did an approx 900 nm leg with about 15-25 kts on the tail and had fuel for an alternate 100 miles from destination and would had over an hour of reserve left after the alternate. That was starting with over 2500 pounds of fuel.

Dave

Ah!! I thought the white arc was for first notch of flaps. My bad! I'll revisit the flaps horn. I thought I received it in the 170 or so knots range, which is likely why I focused on the white.

No problem - I noticed the same thing and it confused me as first. However, I've been reading "The King Air Book" by Tom Clements (400+ pages of King Air goodness written by man with 15,000 hours time in type!) and he mentions this distinction - only then did it dawn on me the white arc was something different than what I had been thinking it was for.

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Sounds like a very interesting book! I'll check it out as I really like this model! I need to get back to flying her as I have in recent days spent too much time on flight planning performance tables, repaints, pop-up instrument size and positions, and on RXP database updates!

-FP

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Oh and thanks for the link FP. Great reading.

Dam shame that bird is out of my price range. The more I read about them (All King Air's), the more I want one! I'm beginning to think they are a better deal then the Mustang.

However, I did see a Duke up for sale for 29,000.

(....now if I cash in my returnable bottles, plus next years tax returns....)