Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Camera view jumps with changes

This is an odd issue I have and not entirely sure it's the correct forum, but as it only happens with the NGX then it seems appropriate. I have just followed Word Not Allowed's discovery regarding the adaptive Vsync with the new 500 beta driver and NI. Wow, it really has made a big difference, however, I don't think this issue is related in any way, but I can't remember seeing it prior to running this new setting and driver, although I may be wrong.

For some reason, when I change views, there is a strange affect, it's not stuttering and it happens probably 70% of the time, but it's as though the view is somehow in conflict elsewhere and it takes a fraction of a second to find the correct view. I know I'm not explaining it very well so I have attached an Ipad movie of the issue and hope someone can come up with a mend.

I have checked any other assignment conflict in FSX, LINDA and FSUIPC, but still cannot discover the problem, any help guys will be very much appreciated cheers. BTW It can be seen best in hi-res, in fullscreen on YouTube at durations 02' 04' 19' and 37 seconds.

[media=]http://youtu.be/OU3VkgvAUns[/media]

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Howard,

Interesting. It's quite hard to see what it is doing, but I get something exactly this with any plane switching between any two views, and it only starts when I mess around with the TRANSITION TIME and CHANGE TIME in my cfg.

It sort of flicks back and forward between the two views before settling on the chosen view. I spend ages editing it out of movies when I'm making a youtube movie. It does a double-change back and forth, really, really fast (like a frame of each view) before settling..I'm going to mess around with those settings again. I'm wondering, also, if it is an EZDOK issue..Need to do some more testing.

I'm guessing, however, that you haven't touched these settings, or you'd have mentioned it? If I am describing a totally different effect, sorry for butting in!

best

jake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hi Howard,

Interesting. It's quite hard to see what it is doing, but I get something exactly this with any plane switching between any two views, and it only starts when I mess around with the TRANSITION TIME and CHANGE TIME in my cfg.

It sort of flicks back and forward between the two views before settling on the chosen view. I spend ages editing it out of movies when I'm making a youtube movie. It does a double-change back and forth, really, really fast (like a frame of each view) before settling..I'm going to mess around with those settings again. I'm wondering, also, if it is an EZDOK issue..Need to do some more testing.

I'm guessing, however, that you haven't touched these settings, or you'd have mentioned it? If I am describing a totally different effect, sorry for butting in!

best

jake

Hi Matey, thanks a bunch, you've hit the nail on the head! You've described eactly the problem. You're right, it is difficult to see excatly from the video, although it is easier at the end of the video in fullscreen at a higher res. The really strange thing is, and I forgot to mention this before, it only happens in the NGX and it only happens in fullscreen mode too!

It can be seen best in hi-res, in fullscreen on YouTube at durations 02' 04' 19' and 37 seconds.

You say: it only starts when I mess around with the TRANSITION TIME and CHANGE TIME in my cfg. Is this found in the normal FSX cfg or in the aircraft's cfg?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Fsx.cfg but if you've not edited it, maybe it is EZDOK as I get it with all planes. Thinking about it and I'll test this later, I think it only happens when I switch between an EZDOK created view, internal or external, and a default fsx view, such as chase or locked spot etc, not when switching between def. fsx views. Can you test this theory?

J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Fsx.cfg but if you've not edited it, maybe it is EZDOK as I get it with all planes. Thinking about it and I'll test this later, I think it only happens when I switch between an EZDOK created view, internal or external, and a default fsx view, such as chase or locked spot etc, not when switching between def. fsx views. Can you test this theory?

J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely Jake, exactly the same. It's when I go from an internal Ezdok view to an external FSX view, or back to an internal view from external. A bummer that you have it on all yuor planes and me only on the NGX. I am very interested to discover why this is the case.

Howard

Howard

On a default/small airport is this happen too? I have this problem too, sometimes, and it seems to be associated with an overload of graphics and/or addons. But looking at your specs, your system is light years ahead of mine.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Howard

On a default/small airport is this happen too? I have this problem too, sometimes, and it seems to be associated with an overload of graphics and/or addons. But looking at your specs, your system is light years ahead of mine.

Hi Cristiano, sure, it happens on small airports and also when the autogen is set to sparse with few clouds!

Howard

Ive been doing some very informal and un-scientific testing this arvo, and it doesn't do it going between two PTP (point to point) cams in EZDOK either..it definitely does it with all planes for me..flying PNW in the Epic LT atm, and it does it worst when I go from the VC to the EZDOK spot/floaty cam..I'll post up a vid when I land..

I'm going to try and get some meaningful testing done this week, because I have had this for ages and just thought it was normal; but Howard, if it's not happening to everyone, it must surely be a commonality with our set-ups?

Does anyone else see this when switching from a user-created camera to a preset FSX one?

Best

Jake

Sent from the FondleSlab using Tapatalk

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Umm, any mod: I don't know if you want to move this thread to a more appropriate forum? It has nothing to do woth the NGX, despite Howard not getting it with any other aircraft..Unless, that is, whatever is causing it was introduced by NGX at some point?

Here's a short vid of exactly what Howard describes; I'd really like to find out how to fix it. It has me spending a long time editing it out of videos

best

jake

EDIT: this is slowed down to .1x so you can see the effect more clearly

http://youtu.be/yTi7HMSBYrI

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Absolutely Jake, exactly the same. It's when I go from an internal Ezdok view to an external FSX view, or back to an internal view from external. A bummer that you have it on all yuor planes and me only on the NGX. I am very interested to discover why this is the case.

Hi Howard;

I was thinking about this issue, and I remembered something: your EZCA cameras has the same zoom level? Switching between cameras with the same zoom makes the transition smoother.

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Jake@ nice bit of investagative work, it would be great if someone could come up with an answer. I think it may be Ezdok related...

Cristiano@ thanks for the input matey, but nope, all zoom levels are the same on all my Ezdok cameras

Howard

Howard, this could be related to ENB.It seems like you are using it judging by the bloom in the video.

If you are,try with ENB disabled and see if it goes away.

Check the parameter: BloomFadeTime.

Howard, this could be related to ENB.It seems like you are using it judging by the bloom in the video.

I have this same issue and I don't use ENB shader mods, so it has nothing to do with ENB.

I do use EZDOK and trackir though.

Strange!

The only time I have seen this is with Enb mod!

I too have ezdok and TIR with no problem.

I don't have ENB as such, but I do have Shade... is this the same?

Howard