Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Carenado C90B vs RealAir Turbine Duke?

I have the Tduke and love it.. great airplane.. just wondering if I should get the C90 and would how does it compare?

Ciao!

Got both. I like the C90 but it isn't as good as the Duke.

Hard to put my finger on it but the latter just feels better.

They are both equally as good in their respective roles. They each have their pros and cons which just pretty much cancel each other out anyway. I have both, flown both a ton and couldn't in my right mind say one is better than the other. They both compliment each other.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Guest Mik75

As an owner of both addons, I have to say that I really love them equally.

The Turbine Duke may be more precise and the flight model might be superior, but the outstanding look of the C90B gives me a truly immersive experience on each flight! So for me it's not the one or the other, but defenitely both!

I own both, and they are both so good that I think it comes down to which actual airframe you prefer. For me, the KingAir is what I prefer because I like it more than the Duke, but the Duke Turbine gets in and out of short airfields more easily. I recommend buying both.

[As I kill time while Orbx CZST DL's ;-)]

Have both - enjoying both.

I usually fly a new plane exclusively for at least a week to get the feel for it before going back to anything else. Turned out to be closer to 2 with the C90, but I've finally gotten back to doing several flights with the Turbine Duke to compare, and...

Well, see opening statement. I know they'll get compared a lot due to similarities (small pressurized twin turbo-props and all that), but they're really very different planes, built for different purposes. Flying the Duke is like strapping on a custom-built personal rocket, while flying the C90 is a far more staid and business-like affair. From a sim perspective, everything in the Duke is just so incredibly refined and well-executed, while the C90 lacks that complete sense of refinement and completeness, but really sells the overall experience/immersion. Both fly very well.

They'll each continue to get a lot of hours from me and I highly recommend both of them if they're good fits for you.

Having said that, I'm off to grab the 337 for my first flight out of CZST!

Scott

interesting response.. I too favor the C90 simply because more of them are in a charter role then the duke

Ciao!

...hummmmm .. very intersting .. hard choices :)

The Turbine Duke is a bit of an odd bird in real life and RealAir I'm sure has represented this with their FDE

Being able to takeoff in 1,000 ft and climb at 4,000 fpm is awesome.

Something the C90 only wishes it could do...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy